Mariner, Western, 1st time on RC

Hey guys, I am going on the Mariner of the Seas on August 27, 2006 doing a western caribbean itin. I been with Carnival 3 other times but this is my first time with RCCL. I will be traveling with my 3 kids, 19F, 18F, and 16M. My questions are, there is four of us so will we have our own table at dinner or sit with other people? My son is considering doing the diving course, did anybody do this? How is it? What about the ports we been to Cozumel it was beautiful anything I should know with the other ports. Is there anything I should know about the ship/cruiseline. People who also cruised Carnival tell me anything I should know. Thanks!

edit: We have a balcony room on deck 7 but there is a balcony available on deck 10, which one would be better.

When you made your reservations your travel agent should have asked what type of table you want, a private table for 4 or if you want to sit at a larger table with other people. As for the ports, in the Western Caribbean don't miss taking an excursion to Stingray City in Grand Cayman.

Ever since cruising on Enchantment of the Seas two years ago, she was my favorite ship. We just returned from a western Mariner of the Seas cruise, and I think that the Enchantment has been upseated as my favorite. The ship is awesome, in fact I cannot decide what the best thing about the ship was. It seemed to far exceed all of my expectations. I wish that I was going again soon. As for the dining room, as superjerryw said your travel agent should have asked what your preferences were, if you are unsure or if either arrangement would be something you wouldn't like call the travel agent and ask. On our Mariner cruise, we asked to be seated at a large table (usually 8 people), we were seated as requested but no one showed up to join us for the entire week!

I have cruised with both Carnival and Rccl. I believe that each line has it's draw to individuals. I prefer Rccl. I just like the way it "feels". This is not to say that Carnaval delivered anything "less" than a great cruise. I had a wonderful time. After trying two cruises with Carnaval, I decided to stick with Rccl and earn some cruise "credits".

More than half of my cruises have been to the western caribbean. I have never been on the eastern route. Maybe someday, who knows. In Grand Cayman we loved the stingrays, and we took a helicopter tour that lasted about 20 minutes. In Jamaica, we loved climbing Dunn's River Falls and this time we did the canopy tour. That canopy tour was the absolute best excursion I've ever done.

As for your balcony stateroom, we had a D2 superior balcony #7636. Deck 7 seemed to be just right for us. Almost everything is on deck 4-5 (just two or three deck down from us) or the pool area and such were on deck 11 (just 4 decks up). About the only time I used the elevators was when we were going from the tendering deck (deck 1) back to our cabin.

Have a wonderful trip!

Darlene

Archived