Full suite questions

Amy G

31 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

I send everything to the laundry and never have had any trouble. Our clothes come back clean and bright and nicely folded or on hangers. Never a broken button or anything with shrinking since we have to make sure stuff fits for the entire cruise..

I sent out some sweaters one year for cleaning and they laundered them in error. Never again 

I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I couldn’t find it.

In a full suite what shower amenities are provided? I will be sailing on the Island and was wondering if there was body wash, shampoo, and a separate conditioner. Especially the latter. 💇‍♀️

1 hour ago, BobAnne said:

I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I couldn’t find it.

In a full suite what shower amenities are provided? I will be sailing on the Island and was wondering if there was body wash, shampoo, and a separate conditioner. Especially the latter. 💇‍♀️

I think it depends.. We had a suite on the Emerald Dec/Jan and had tubes of Lotus Spa products including conditioner.  In March/April on the Crown we had another brand but in the large pump bottles,  no separate conditioner.  Personally on our next cruise in December I'm bringing my own hand soap in addition to shampoo and conditioner as I did not like the fragrance of the products in the pump bottles.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, Shaver John said:

I send everything to the laundry and never have had any trouble. Our clothes come back clean and bright and nicely folded or on hangers. Never a broken button or anything with shrinking since we have to make sure stuff fits for the entire cruise.

Regarding laundry, last week on the Emerald, staying in a suite with free laundry, they lost one of my shirts.  Had to go to Guest Services to report it.  It did get back to me two days later.  Somehow I survived.

Thereafter, we had a second bag done; and it was returned on the afternoon of our last day prior to disembarkation.  A $60 laundry charge was posted on our folio later that night which was obviously a mistake....but the line at Guest Services as so long I didn't bother fighting it.  😕 Anyway, the take-away is, yes, take advantage of the laundry, but don't get it done so close to disembarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Regarding laundry, last week on the Emerald, staying in a suite with free laundry, they lost one of my shirts.  Had to go to Guest Services to report it.  It did get back to me two days later.  Somehow I survived.

Thereafter, we had a second bag done; and it was returned on the afternoon of our last day prior to disembarkation.  A $60 laundry charge was posted on our folio later that night which was obviously a mistake....but the line at Guest Services as so long I didn't bother fighting it.  😕 Anyway, the take-away is, yes, take advantage of the laundry, but don't get it done so close to disembarkation.

It takes. 1-2 days for the credit for laundry to show up wait for your final folio after you disembark 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 10:47 AM, fsdorado said:

I made the "mistake" a couple of years ago of booking my wife and I in a suite.  Now she won't sail in anything less.  My fear is that she'll discover the bigger suites...

Frederick

We made this "mistake" on Grand in 2018 and have not been able to go back.  The free laundry was a thing in 2018.  One of the things we learned last year was we sent all of our pre cruise Florida wear to get cleaned on embarkation day.

Also we really got used to the space too.  We had booked a signature suite on a 7D Sun Princess cruise for Nov 30 next year. Suite was just over $7K (premier) for the week.  When I looked at the room, it was the same size and layout of the mini suite (it looks like on Sun/Star Princess is introducing an "entry level" suite that is basically the standard mini suite with full suite benefits).  That doesn't work for us because it feels like a downgrade. If we were coming from standard balconies or mini suites this would seem like a great deal.

FWIW, the Penthouse on Sun was over $10k (again with Premier) for the same cruise.  We wound up canceling, booked a 7D Mex Riveria out of LA on the same date  We booked an owner's suite and that was over $8K (premier) This will be our first Owners (last 2 were Penthouses)

• Like 1