Is there a Disney cruise that departs from California??

Cruisee Q

Does anyone know about a Disney cruise that departs from California? I have heard that Disney had a few special ones for their 50th anniversary but I have been everywhere online and can't find it! We would like to go in the fall/winter of 2006. Please help!

The special 50th anniversary cruises were the only cruises that have gone to California. They are all based out of Port Canaveral Florida.

When they build a new ship, which is in the planning now, perhaps one of the ships will stay in California. I think it would do well there.

mom x4,grandma x4

Loved the mexican riviera! Actually the weather was much nicer this feb than last June! We had the June gloom last time...overcast the whole time. This time nice and sunny. Both cruises were cold on the sea days! You should have great weather in the spring time!

Are you going on the Pride? We loved it!

Yes, we're going on Pride. Just haven't finalized the date yet. How was the ship? I've only been on one cruise (Valor) and it's a new ship. I've heard a lot of stories about ceilings rattling and having to stick paper in the cracks (strange). Did you experience any of that on Pride? I was curious b/c it's 3 years older than Valor.

No...we didn't have any problems on the ship. We liked the location we had on the Disney cruise, so we booked the same location on the Pride. Deck 7...mid-aft 7251. Great location. Balcony room. I think maybe the carpet in the halls was a little stained in some spots, but everything else was spotless! No noise above us, no noise below, close to elevators and laundry facility. We even had quiet neighbors.

I haven't done much research on the Valor. I think I read you took it to the Carribean? Did you like it? We're going Disney to Western Carib. next year, but after that we have to go cheaper.

Great to hear that you didn't have any problems. Yes, we took Valor to the Western Carribean and LOVED it! The ship was great (although I have nothing to compare it to, but I am very picky about where I stay on vacations). Our stops were fabulous: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. We were supposed to go to Cozumel but they switched to Costa Maya because of the hurricane damage. I'm glad because we ran into some people on another ship who had been in Coz the day before and said it was still in a state of devastation.

Did you take kids w/ you on Pride? We're going without ours, but that's why we're taking them with us on Disney. How would you compare the two and what ages are your kids? I was curious because Disney is definately more expensive.

Our son is 22 right now, but he had a great time and said he doesn't want to cruise any other ship than Disney. But he had nothing to compare it with.

We had a great time on Carnival. I would say our dining servers and room attendent were great on both ships. Both were clean and beautiful. I did see the kids on Carnival at some of the activities and looked like they were having a great time w/camp Carnival. The food was great at both, but Palo has that extra brunch that is the best at DCL. Also it is neat to see the characters all over the ship.

So, we are doing the more expensive DCL for our 25th anniversary 2007, but after that we'll go elsewhere. Can't afford DCL anymore!

I know what you mean. We're sticking w/ Carnival if it's just me and my husband. But we've decided to spend the extra money and go Disney when we take the kids. Thanks so much for all of the great information!

Cruisee Q

Archived