Elephant in the room (or at least the elephant on Venture and Pursuit)

Hobar

I wonder if SB will be assuring those with plans to sail on Venture and Pursuit about the safety of the subs. I suspect that many planning to travel those ships who booked or considered booking the subs are rethinking.  I suspect that SB has undergone rigorous testing and safety standards that the ill-fated OceanGate refused to undertake, and there are, or course, countless and significant differences, but it gives one pause and it would be wise for SB to get in front of this.  (It’s tragic and I find I cannot stop thinking about the five who perished.)  Silence, on SB’s part, is not golden.  

Edited by Hobar
  • Thanks 1

There is absolutely no correlation between the submersible vessels Seabourn use and the one which suffered failure whilst exploring the Titanic. Using your logic you would stop flying after every space rocket failure.

The Seabourn submersibles are well proven commercial items used at a depth where humans could dive and survive. The Ocean Gate submersible was exploring the outer space of our oceans. It’s telling just how long it took to get an unmanned ROV on scene capable of operating at that depth.

I think you’re confusing elephants with tortoises.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Able Seaman H said:

There is absolutely no correlation between the submersible vessels Seabourn use and the one which suffered failure whilst exploring the Titanic. Using your logic you would stop flying after every space rocket failure.

The Seabourn submersibles are well proven commercial items used at a depth where humans could dive and survive. The Ocean Gate submersible was exploring the outer space of our oceans. It’s telling just how long it took to get an unmanned ROV on scene capable of operating at that depth.

I think you’re confusing elephants with tortoises.

Who would ever get in a car or a bus again if we adopted that stance.

Mind you I haven't been on a bus since I was a small child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Go to the safety briefing on the Seabourn subs. The difference is night and day. There is regular communication with team above.  If that stops, sub automatically returns to surface on its own.  So many other safety feature to mention. And they adhere to PSI levels that the subs were built for.  But accidents can and do happen. Choose your risks.

• Like 2