NCL Air + Self Procured

Belletora

First off, I know I have already sent out a barrage of questions over the past weeks, and I genuinely appreciate all the help. I couldn't find an answer to this question in the forum. It could be I just am not phrasing it correctly. If so, I apologize.

I purchased NCL Air (and regret it), but they have told me I would fly into Venice instead of Trieste since I chose a deviation. I would much rather book my own flight to Trieste. Since I will lose a portion of my air cost, could I use the NCL Air booking for just my return flight? Or would they cancel it if I do not show up for the flight to the destination? Does anyone know any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Belletora

1 minute ago, Belletora said:

First off, I know I have already sent out a barrage of questions over the past weeks, and I genuinely appreciate all the help. I couldn't find an answer to this question in the forum. It could be I just am not phrasing it correctly. If so, I apologize.

I purchased NCL Air (and regret it), but they have told me I would fly into Venice instead of Trieste since I chose a deviation. I would much rather book my own flight to Trieste. Since I will lose a portion of my air cost, could I use the NCL Air booking for just my return flight? Or would they cancel it if I do not show up for the flight to the destination? Does anyone know any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

If there is one booking number with the airline if you are a no-show for the first flight, your return will be cancelled.  Being a no show for the return is not an issue, but be very careful if you plan to miss the initial flight.

Your best option is to start by calling the airline and asking.  Sometimes persistence and a little sweet talk pays off, it never hurts to try!  Worst case scenario is they say no. Answers will depend on the airline. 

Ask outright if you can change your flight to what you want.  Have the information for the flight(s) you want to substitute.

Ask to cancel the part you don't want without cancelling the return flight - that's a win for them because they can resell that ticket if you let them know you aren't expecting a refund. But if NCL is still the owner of the ticket they might not. Then book what you want.

If they still say no and you want to gamble, try calling back 72 hours before your scheduled flight - at that point the airline owns the reservation so they might be more flexible.  

On 6/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, Belletora said:

they have told me I would fly into Venice instead of Trieste since I chose a deviation. I would much rather book my own flight to Trieste. Since I will lose a portion of my air cost, could I use the NCL Air booking for just my return flight? Or would they cancel it if I do not show up for the flight to the destination? Does anyone know any workarounds?

"They have told me" - Have your flights already been assigned? or are you booked in the US and more than 120 day out without making your final payment yet?

You are likely going to want to call your TA or NCL to get the best answers, but IF... you are in the US, more than 120 out prior to making final payment your are still outside of penalty and can have the air taken off either end of the trip. so it would be completly possible to request just the return be ticketed for NCL air. I have done this before without an issue. They will charge you 1/2 the rate for the RT. If you are within 120 day you will need to refer to the current cancelation terms and conditions to see how much you would loose. again may be best to talk to your TA or NCL directly to see if a change could be made from RT to one way.

If the tickets have been assigned already, there is not much NCl will do and they will refer you to the airline. If the tickets are joined through the same airline or travel partner group you risk losing the return flight if you do not board the outgoing, as others have said 

27 minutes ago, ilovesalchows said:

Coming from the US you probably weren't going to be flying into Trieste regardless.  It's not a major airport.  The lion's share of travelers are booked into Venice.  It's really not a big deal to take the train over to Trieste.

I was looking into this. I was terrified of trying to navigate from Venice to Trieste, yet the more I have looked into it, the more straightforward it seems. 

Just now, 603NHCruiser said:

"They have told me" - Have your flights already been assigned? or are you booked in the US and more than 120 day out without making your final payment yet?

You are likely going to want to call your TA or NCL to get the best answers, but IF... you are in the US, more than 120 out prior to making final payment your are still outside of penalty and can have the air taken off either end of the trip. so it would be completly possible to request just the return be ticketed for NCL air. I have done this before without an issue. They will charge you 1/2 the rate for the RT. If you are within 120 day you will need to refer to the current cancelation terms and conditions to see how much you would loose. again may be best to talk to your TA or NCL directly to see if a change could be made from RT to one way.

If the tickets have been assigned already, there is not much NCl will do and they will refer you to the airline. If the tickets are joined through the same airline or travel partner group you risk losing the return flight if you do not board the outgoing, as others have said 

I wish I had thought of this. Sadly, I am at the nearly 60-day mark. I have called in and been able to confirm that my return flight would be canceled as a no-show. 

Que sera, sera. It looks like I will be going on an adventure. 🙂

Thank you all for the advice.