Divi or Orient?

shensadie

We have done both orient and divi and divi is my favorite so far. The water on orient is the atlantic side of the island so the water is not as calm as the divi. Also, divi is not too far and you go that way onto Maho I think.

We did the divi last April and we had a great time. Water beautiful and calm and it was not crowded. You can also rent jetskis, etc.

we were there in december. this is what we did......we got off the ship at 9:30. found a van (there were 8 of us.....2 famlies) to take us to divi and maho. divi is very close to the pier and a lovely beach. we were there till noon. we rented jet skiis and have great photos of 2 cruise ships coming into port while we jet skiied in front of them. divi is an all inclusive resort there are shops and places to eat but save your appetite for maho.

so...we got back in the van around noon and went to maho. we got seats on the deck of the sunset bar and grill. we ate lunch SLOWLY.....and were amazed at the sights of all the planes landing right over our heads......then the most awesome thing of all....the jumbo jets arrived.....nothing like it in the world.

we left around around 3:30 and were back on board by 4:00. it was a great day!!!!!

we sort of hired the van for the day. our driver "joe" drove us.....dropped us off......came back at a specified time......drove us again and so on......we didn't pay him until the end. if i remember correctly... i think it cost us 20.00 per person for the day and that price was prearranged with joe's boss who was at the port. then we gave joe a tip afterwards.

Archived