Anthem of the Seas, July 21st

two questions:

How strict is RCCL about embarkation at Southampton?  I have a 1 o'clock check in time, but since I have to leave my hotel at noon, I would arrive for 12:30.

Can I book entertainment on the app once I board?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I do plan on doing a review once I return.

1 hour ago, Grumpella said:

two questions:

How strict is RCCL about embarkation at Southampton?  I have a 1 o'clock check in time, but since I have to leave my hotel at noon, I would arrive for 12:30.

If past experience is anything to go by arriving at 12.30 wouldn’t be a problem.

Booking entertainment via the app once onboard is fine.

The only people that can officially  arrive   before thier scheduled  arrival  time are pinnacle  members and probably high category cabins, but Royal Caribbean  does  not adhere to thier T&Cs  according  to posts here  on cruise critic 

Edited by sowhat

On 6/28/2023 at 3:31 PM, gavvy said:

3 times from Southampton now and nobody has ever checked your time slot. They don't seem to care at all.

Oh Thank you! You make my day. I booked this cruise yesterday evening so no time slot available before 2pm. Room Check out is at 11 O’clock, 3 hours waiting with a kids would be awfull. 

On 6/28/2023 at 5:12 PM, Grumpella said:

two questions:

Departed Southampton on 16 June 2023 on the Anthem.  Traveled with another family.  Our boarding time was 11am and theirs was 1:30pm.  We all UBER'd together and arrived at the port at 11am.  We all boarded and were having cocktails on our balcony by 11:35am.  Per our friends, no one asked them about boarding times.

I cannot speak to the app question, perhaps others might have insight.

21 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

Departed Southampton on 16 June 2023 on the Anthem.    We all boarded and were having cocktails on our balcony by 11:35am. 

What time do the cabins open for guests?

Just now, sowhat said:

What time do the cabins open for guests?

That I can't answer in general.  We were in Star Class and could of boarded at 1030 and accessed our room if we wanted.  When our friends returned to their room, they could access.  It was after 3pm however.

24 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

That I can't answer in general.  We were in Star Class and could of boarded at 1030 and accessed our room if we wanted.  When our friends returned to their room, they could access.  It was after 3pm however.

Thanks, just located the information.                         Passengers in steerage class can access thier cabins at approximately  13.30 hours, unless  they are on consecutive cruises.