The Retreat (Britannia)

voyagerL

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Same here re the email. New pricing? 

Two emails received 14th and 11th September giving extra money off selected Caribbean and Med cruises from November through end January. I think one is a personal offer - 14th September book by 26th September - but the other one is fairly general and offers upto £760 OBC plus £100 off (the £100 is on an inside and higher on balcony).

We have a deluxe balcony on deck 14 midships - a nice cabin in a good position - which without our PE is costing £6,800 so £7800 or thereabouts with the flight.  Currently I can get a select deluxe on any available Britannia cruise from November to end January for over a thousand pounds less.  Admittedly some will be deck 15 front which we don't particularly like due to the shade but knowing what we would get a saver would be way less.  We also don't mind Britannia's balcony cabins with sofa and if we took one of those currently we could get it for £4158.  Remember at launch we booked Arvia for Christmas (which I cancelled way back) at a cost of £7,300 second lowest grade balcony economy flights.

This isn't a special holiday for us as we have a 13 day Celebrity Caribbean over Christmas which we replaced Arvia with. Basically we both just love the Caribbean and fancied a quick return so any of the dates and itineraries will do us, particularly as my husband isn't going skiing this March so literally any date will suit.