Continued Issues with Venice Itineraries

cruise52

Many have reported the chaotic handling and repeated itinerary changes with Venice itineraries.  We all know the limitations of cruise ships visiting Venice today, but the cruise lines do as well and yet continue to advertise and sell this destination only to significantly modify what they advertise.  It’s one thing to have situations or circumstances arise that require the cruise line to deviate or make adjustments to the planned itinerary.  However, failing to disclose limitations that prevent the cruise line from delivering what they advertise and collect payment for, when they know well in advance, is misrepresentation.  On top of this, the way NCL has handled the many changes for this scheduled port stop is disorganized and lacks basic consideration of their paying customers.  I posted the below info on our roll-call earlier today.  We just received notice yesterday evening that the scheduled itinerary has changed, but with no details as to times in port for Trieste.  After reading the NCL boards the last several weeks I was prepared for this, but I’m not understanding how this can continually be done in the manner that NCL has chosen to follow. 

“The real problem with this is NCL will provide NO details such as arrival time, shuttle times, time in Port, etc.  I called Shore Excursion dept, and they report having no details and said we will get information when we are on board (evening before scheduled stop).  I find this ridiculous.  If they know for certain they will dock in Trieste, surely they should know the time scheduled in port and the departure time.  We would like to schedule a private independent tour for a group of 6 and there is no way to do this without knowing the time in port.  Amazing NCL feels it’s acceptable to “wing it” and keep its customers in the dark when we have paid substantial fares for our cruise.  Many chose this itinerary for a chance to visit Venice and now all we know is we might be able to get on the free shuttle bus to Venice, but for what period of time?  Recent passengers on similar itinerary report 2 to 3 hours in Venice before having to be back on the bus.  I recognize cruise lines have every right to change itineraries and port stops, but they should be required to disclose the details so that passengers can make plans or adjustments.  I asked if there was anyone in the organization who could provide details as to time in Trieste port and was told no - “not even the leaders with glass offices”.  Unbelievable.  “ 

They gave us notification of the rescheduled stop and shuttle bus availability, but nothing that mentions time of arrival and departure time or time in Trieste port.  Did they give you times?. If so, are you able/willing to share?  We are on July 17 itinerary and so it’s coming fast.  

6 minutes ago, cruise52 said:

They gave us notification of the rescheduled stop and shuttle bus availability, but nothing that mentions time of arrival and departure time or time in Trieste port.  Did they give you times?. If so, are you able/willing to share?  We are on July 17 itinerary and so it’s coming fast.  

Yes I certainly agree with your thoughts.  I received this as an email.  The website has not been updated for this cruise. Not sure it will help you but I posted our new schedule in this thread:  

Edited by davencl

Davenci:

thanks for sharing.  Your revised itinerary for Venice shows Ravenna.  We were notified revision is Trieste.  We actually embark in Ravenna and so will reportedly go to Trieste.  Hoping that we get additional times/details for this stop.  Again, thanks for the info,