Pursuit Amazon cruise drops Santarem as port

commodoredave

Just got notice this morning that the October 10 sailing of the Pursuit has dropped Santarem as a port of call on its Amazon itinerary. This latest change is one of several made since we booked the cruise, including the loss of Georgetown (Guyana).

For those who know the Amazon, my question is whether the loss of Santarem for another Amazon Experience day with Zodiac excursions (we now have 5 Experience days and just one port of call in Parintins along the Amazon River) is a net plus or negative? Your insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, commodoredave said:

Just got notice this morning that the October 10 sailing of the Pursuit has dropped Santarem as a port of call on its Amazon itinerary. This latest change is one of several made since we booked the cruise, including the loss of Georgetown (Guyana).

For those who know the Amazon, my question is whether the loss of Santarem for another Amazon Experience day with Zodiac excursions (we now have 5 Experience days and just one port of call in Parintins along the Amazon River) is a net plus or negative? Your insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I initially missed it, but Seabourn has added a call to Alter do Chao in place of Santarem. An upgrade or downgrade?

28 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

I initially missed it, but Seabourn has added a call to Alter do Chao in place of Santarem. An upgrade or downgrade?

We did the Amazon on Regent, and made stops at both places.  Since they are so close together, I would imagine your offered experiences will be the same.  I think Alter do Chao is a little bit of a step down.  We saw a lot more from our shore excursions that were offered out of Santarem.

I agree with jjs217. There was much more to do in Santarem. We enjoyed a tricolo ride and Boi Bumba show there. Alter do Chao was a waste of time for us, little sightseeing, shopping or scenery. Hope you get to call at Devil’s Island. The prison ruins are interesting, the scenery is beautiful and animal life (especially the monkeys) is great!