Early flight from Southampton to Belfast/Dublin

Our ship Sky Princess arrives at 7am according to the port schedule for a cruise in May next year.

The only flight that day to Belfast or Dublin is at 9.15am.

Is that doable or just much too tight given that the ship has to be cleared etc before disembarkation can begin.

My other options are to book a hotel in Southampton for the night and fly the next morning or go to Heathrow and fly home from there , both of which I am thinking are better options.

It’s doable if all the stars align. The airport’s less than half an hour’s drive, and it’s a small airport so you can check in up to 45 minutes before departure. So in theory as long as you’re off the ship by 7.45 you’ll be fine.

But there’s hardly any margin for error and you’ll miss the flight if there’s even a short delay to disembarkation. So for peace of mind and to avoid spending your whole cruise worrying about whether you’ll make it, I’d be minded to book a later flight from Heathrow. There are plenty of them to both cities.

57 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

It’s doable if all the stars align. The airport’s less than half an hour’s drive, and it’s a small airport so you can check in up to 45 minutes before departure. So in theory as long as you’re off the ship by 7.45 you’ll be fine.

But there’s hardly any margin for error and you’ll miss the flight if there’s even a short delay to disembarkation. So for peace of mind and to avoid spending your whole cruise worrying about whether you’ll make it, I’d be minded to book a later flight from Heathrow. There are plenty of them to both cities.

Thats where my thinking is , to be honest.

I like to have everything carefully planned and not having to rush off the ship like a mad thing sounds much more appealing lol.

Might even book a hotel in Southampton for overnight and see a bit of the city.

All the times we have cruised from Southampton and I have never seen anything other than the port area.

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, Trixie21 said:

Thats where my thinking is , to be honest.

I like to have everything carefully planned and not having to rush off the ship like a mad thing sounds much more appealing lol.

Might even book a hotel in Southampton for overnight and see a bit of the city.

All the times we have cruised from Southampton and I have never seen anything other than the port area.

What did you decide to do? We have the same situation, 9.20am back to Dublin.

I’m sure you can walk off at 7am, take your cases with you, book a taxi and make it easily to the airport for 8am? That’s our plan anyway.