how long should it *reasonably* take?

MamaParrotHead

Booked our cruise last week, sent in DH's DD214 (military discharge paperwork) and copy of a photo ID last week Thursday. Still haven't gotten an updated fax/email regarding the change in our rate. Called our PVP Saturday (to confirm he got the fax, which he did) and then again on Tuesday to see what the hold up was. He said that there were a lot of people requesting military rates, so a lot of paperwork was coming in for the supervisors to have to get through to get to ours.

How long should this reasonably take and when should I start pressing a little harder for some results (should I ask for a supervisor next time)? I just don't want our stuff to get lost in the paperwork shuffle and then have to start all over.

Anyone?

The supervisors do not only deal with military adjustments. They have many more issues to deal with and adjusting a rate is not a 'high' priority. It WILL get done just do not keep calling the PVP because he can't do anything about it. The further away your cruise date the longer to get it adjusted. Sit back , chill and don't worry about it until final payment date comes around THEN call your PVP and ask about it.

Sorry, have to disagree. No one should ever wait nearly a year and then call at the last minute to try and get adjustments made if something is wrong.

MamaP, I wouldn't hound them everyday, or every week just since you a little time :D, but definitely keep a handle on it. You definitely don't want to be lost in the shuffle and then told the discount is not longer available.

Where's Rose when you need her?

to my PVP, but it's my understanding that there's only a limited number of military discounts given per sailing, and I don't want to get shut out due to their time tables in their office. I'm thinking maybe every few weeks, giving a call. I'm hoping that atleast there's a date noted on my fax, incase there's a question as to when I sent it in...if they end up taking forever and telling me there are no more military discount available, I'm gonna raise some HE!!.;)

As I understand it, or as it was explained to me, thre is indeed a limited number of military discounts on any given cruise.

Hope it works out for you, I was lucky I found out about the discount some 8 months before the cruise and requested it then.

I found out in a matter of about 4 days for the full confirmation, but was told it would be approved before then.

They must really have a rash of them, hope they let you know soon.

he said that it WAS all ready noted on my reservation that we WERE for SURE getting the military rate, we locked it in the minute we put our deposit down, it was just a matter of the supervisors going into the system to change it there (which is when he'd forward me the updated invoice). I asked him also about TA's getting 24 hour confirmation, and he said he was sure that *was* the case, but in their building alone (where he worked at Carnival) there were 600 employees and a set amount of supervisors. Whereas the TA would have someone assigned to just cofirming TA military rates, which is why the turn around times are different. Made sense to me. :)

I do feel better. Thanks for the replies.

I just got an email from my PVP two minutes ago I took out all the gooshy stuff but this is the first line of the email

Thank you for choosing Carnival for your vacation. Currently, my supervisors are processing your military information which you did receive the free upgrade. :p

We booked ours last friday we started on the bottom deck inside and he automaticly got us upgraded to Empress OV! Now he is working on a better price however that may or may not happen depending on how the ship fills. But I think some PVPs are better than others we got lucky with ours he has booked all of ours:)

Archived