Liberty OTS cabin categories. How do they compare?

I'm trying so hard to get in on this July 4th sale.  Now I have to figure out if there's a big difference to me in the cabin category.  I was headed for a guaranteed inside room.  But I can get a category 2v for not too much more $.  It's a short cruise (5 nights to Bermuda), so I didn't think it would matter much.  I do deal with seasickness. But again, don't really plan to be in the cabin much.  2vs do look to be mostly mid ship.  🤔  Help.  Would it matter to you?  Does it matter to me?  I'm so wishy washy.

6 minutes ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

I'm trying so hard to get in on this July 4th sale.  Now I have to figure out if there's a big difference to me in the cabin category.  I was headed for a guaranteed inside room.  But I can get a category 2v for not too much more $.  It's a short cruise (5 nights to Bermuda), so I didn't think it would matter much.  I do deal with seasickness. But again, don't really plan to be in the cabin much.  2vs do look to be mostly mid ship.  🤔  Help.  Would it matter to you?  Does it matter to me?  I'm so wishy washy.

2V are considered midship (between the elevator banks)  4V are either forward of rhe forward elevators or aft of the aft elevators.  Good chance with a gty you will be assigned a 4V

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

2V are considered midship (between the elevator banks)  4V are either forward of rhe forward elevators or aft of the aft elevators.  Good chance with a gty you will be assigned a 4V

You're so right.  But is there a big difference between 2v and 4v?  Are 2v's quieter?  Is there that much of a difference in the movement of the ship?  Or are all small dark rooms the same? 🥴

9 minutes ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

You're so right.  But is there a big difference between 2v and 4v?  Are 2v's quieter?  Is there that much of a difference in the movement of the ship?  Or are all small dark rooms the same? 🥴

Only the location is different. Might notice a bit of difference if assigned one all the way forwardcor aft vs midship.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

I get seasick and I've noticed that the front of the ship actually has the most noticeable movement to me. I always have rooms mid-ship, and I CAN feel movement in the mid-ship rooms, but it's never as bad as the movement I feel in forward located venues and restaurants. 

If sea sickness is an issue for you, I'd pay the extra money to make sure your room is mid-ship. If you feel nauseas one day, you're going to want to stay laying in bed, and you want your bed to be located in the part of the ship that's rocking the least (even though mid-ship rocks too). 

• Like 2