First time on NCL and getting worried

masspector

i have commented on these questions previously, and a number or people responding were actually hostile, but i feel whatever works. sometimes the ends really do justify the means.

in any event, if youre booked into a suite, the concierge can probably get you dinner reservations in any of the specialty restaurants, at a decent time, same with getting off the ship at disembarkation day. he /she usually has a specific meeting place, and walks you right off. total time 15-20 minutes. 

if you're not booked into a suite, i suggest early in your cruise, you introduce your self to the maitre'd,

($20 handshake helps a great deal) and he'll probably be able to get you into cagneys

while a great number of people reading this post might find the concept of the "vegas handshake"

rude, offensive and reeking of a sense of entitlement, it works!

only specialty restaurant where they may be a seating problem is teppanyaki.

if you are one of he people that believe slipping someone a $20 to get what you want is offensive, then as soon as you get on board, there are stations, usually by the pool or at guest services that allow yu to make dinner reservations.

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

i have commented on these questions previously, and a number or people responding were actually hostile, but i feel whatever works. sometimes the ends really do justify the means.

in any event, if youre booked into a suite, the concierge can probably get you dinner reservations in any of the specialty restaurants, at a decent time, same with getting off the ship at disembarkation day. he /she usually has a specific meeting place, and walks you right off. total time 15-20 minutes. 

if you're not booked into a suite, i suggest early in your cruise, you introduce your self to the maitre'd,

($20 handshake helps a great deal) and he'll probably be able to get you into cagneys

while a great number of people reading this post might find the concept of the "vegas handshake"

rude, offensive and reeking of a sense of entitlement, it works!

only specialty restaurant where they may be a seating problem is teppanyaki.

if you are one of he people that believe slipping someone a $20 to get what you want is offensive, then as soon as you get on board, there are stations, usually by the pool or at guest services that allow yu to make dinner reservations.

Old friend, I would never be hostile to you regarding your Vegas shake. I am certain it works and is a good strategy if someone must have something. I'm not going to use it as nothing on a cruise ship is critical to me, but I'll use my Free at Sea to get you an honest to goodness whiskey or scotch. 

hey cruiseny.  the poster wanted a reservation at a time consistent with his needs. usually, the handshake will work. whenever we cruise, i habitually tip whoever provides a service, regardless of the 

dsc. this includes my waiters, bartenders, cabin stewards , and the butler/concierge if we're in a suite.

if there's nothing critical, of course dont bother. if theres is something you decide you want and there is a problem, try it with the appropriate person and see if it works. i find whoever i tip, really appreciates the gesture, and of course, as yet, i have had no one turn it down.

as an aside, if we ever find each other to be on the same cruise, i would be more than delighted to have a scotch with you, the 2nd round, however, is on me! LOL. we just need to get cruisemate jrk involved, and drag him (forcibly if necessary) out of steerage

• Thanks 1