past guest party...

MamaParrotHead

The website says 5 day or longer, but I have been on a 4-nighter where they had the party.

Perhaps you're confusing the Captain's party with the PG party?

Past Guest parties are held only on cruises of five nights or longer.

To several who asked:

I think it's ok to bring maybe one guest to the party. I do not think it's fair to ask to bring several. Your other friends can find some way to amuse themselves for that short 45 minutes or so. They will 'earn' the right to attend the party on their next cruise.:)

The Past Guest parties are getting so crowded (because of the extra guests), that we as REAL past guests don't enjoy them nearly as much as before they started allowing first time cruisers in.

However, it's still a nice party. The Captain and Cruise Director are in attendance. A combo plays, some folks dance. You receive a ship's lapel pin (if not delivered with your invitation). Names drawn for bottles of champagne. The Captain makes a little "Welcome back" speech and they show the video "History of Carnival", which is most interesting, even though I've seen it several times. Comp cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Nice...but was much nicer when not so crowded.

The website says 5 day or longer, but I have been on a 4-nighter where they had the party.

Perhaps you're confusing the Captain's party with the PG party?

No. Amazingly enough, although I do have several cocktails on each cruise, I am still able to distinguish the past guest party from the captain's party! :rolleyes:

I am going on my 2nd Carnival cruise in May on the Sensation. Will I automatically receive an invitation to the past guest party or do I have to ask for one??? My first cruise was 13 years ago in 1993- does that matter?? I was given a past guest number when I book this current cruise. I just wanted to check as I am always up for a party with "free" drinks :rolleyes:

If you have a past guest number, you should receive an invite. If you receive a blue S&S card instead of a gold or platinum one, that will be the first indication of a problem. ;)

Invites are delivered to your stateroom a day or two prior to the party. The party is a "moving target" so there is no gty what day you will get them.

The invites we received on our last cruise were one per person. As well they indicated two timings on for main seating dinners, and another for the late seating.

Chase and Donna - Your invitation will be delivered to your cabin by your steward. There's no set time for the PG party. The CD decides after the cruise is underway when and where to have the party, then the invitations are printed. On my five night cruises, the party has usually been on the third evening.

Since it's been SO long since your last cruises, you both might want to check with the purser maybe on the second day just to be sure you are on the invitation list.:)

ONCE again, I must learn...always go to "the BIG DUCK" for answers. Okay so I'll be aware if my S & S card is the blue one. And I'll ask, after things calm down....THANKS a LOT!

It is all still fresh in my mind. ;)

I would rather still be on board then answering questions to be honest. :(

It's worth going. On our cruise on the Conquest (Mar 12-19) I won the drawing for dinner for 2 at The Point supper club. That was the only draw. The video didn't work so they just played the audio which everyone ignored. The cocktails were better than the Captain's party. Each of our invitations had 1 person on it. Our boys got them but didn't go. They definitely didn't say "and guest".

Donna- sorry to the time delay on the reply. I have been away from the computer for a few days.

Anway- my last cruise with Carnival was in 1993 on the Carnivale (sp?). I was on my senior trip and I believe we went to the Bahamas. I just remember being in awe of the ship and having a blast!!!!

What ship were you on in 1993?

OK- I think I have got it. If I get a blue S & S card- ask questions. If no blue card- wait for an invite. Thanks everyone!!!

Sensation take me away :D

You can bring guests that are booked in your stateroom with you. When I booked my cruise for December, I asked the PVP and thats what he said.

You can always call Carnival and i'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer your questions about it.:cool:

You can bring guests that are booked in your stateroom with you. When I booked my cruise for December, I asked the PVP and thats what he said.

You can always call Carnival and i'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer your questions about it.:cool:

Definitely clear it thru the purser's desk before you bring the guest. They will provide you with an invite for the person on the spot if it's OK (& it should be, unless they have any space issues.) Don't just bring them to the party. You don't want any embarrassment if they actually have to turn them away because they have no invite. (I'm sure every cruise there's at least one random first time cruiser who tries to crash just because they hear it's free booze! :p )

On the Legend, the past cruisers' party the big theatre. On the Glory, it was in one of the other lounges - a defintitely smaller space

Archived