Conquest with not quite 2-yr old

PappyDog

We're heading out on Conquest on 4-16 and our group will include my grandson who is not quite 2 years old. Just wanted to hear from others who were in the same situation (notice I didn't say "boat"). How did it work out? Any advice?

Thanks --

would be IF it was a very large group and there were several to watch the little one...btdt and it is NOT a vacation to chase/entertain a toddler!

Of course, that is just my humble opinion!

Jen

Mom to :

Courtney -9 (2 cruises)

Holly-6 (2 cruises)

Emma-13 months today-(no cruises due to mom's experiences with my sisters until I am old enough to spend time happily in Camp Carnival!)

We love to travel as a family but our girls are teens. I believe the child has to be 2 years and up to attend Camp Carnival so it will be more work for your family to get some "adult time". Dinners in the main dining room may be a challenge if he's tired and cranky. Just be flexible and work around him and I'm sure you'll all have a great time.

Thanks to all -- especially mrdood -- that was quite an interesting thread.

That thread started off pretty negative ("best advice is DON'T bring him") but in the end the positive comments far outweighed the negative ones. The main summary, it appears, is to just be realistic about what is required to care for a young one.

We've got a big enough group (plus balconies) such that there can be a lot of load-sharing. Plus, he's been out to eat a lot and does great in restaurants.

Thanks again -- see some of you on board (yeah, I know, not if you see me first).

They do have babysitting in the evening (I think it is after 10) the counselors were very good with the babies. There is also a certain time they let parents use the kid's club . I think it is maybe around 12-2. You can bring your child in and use the toys . There is also a deck with a kiddie pool and and slide on the side of camp carnival.

Archived