Diamond Princess -Luggage forwarding service from Kyoto hotel to Yokohama (Osanbashi) cruise terminal - Japan

Hello adventurers

I've done a search for this question both here and via the Asia ports of call forum and pre Covid there was one forum topic asking a similar question.  Seeking clarification as to current possibilities to have luggage forwarded from a hotel in Kyoto to the cruise terminal in Yokohama.  Has anyone successfully done this more recently than 2019?  If so, was there a service centre in the cruise terminal and with which luggage forwarding service was this i.e Takkyubin (Takuhaibin), Yamato?

There seems to be conflicting info on the Osanbashi cruise terminal website vs. 'available collection offices' listed on the Takuhaibin/takkyubin website.  Their email inquiry system also seems to be down, so I cannot email them directly the question.  I cannot find an email address for Yamato.  

We are travelling in a busy season and we'd like to get things in order early and book our luggage forwarding in, if this is possible.  Rather than carting it on the trains between Kyoto and Hakone, Hakone and Yokohama.    

I'd appreciate any/all feedback, ideas and information.

TIA

There's a Yamato office right across from the Hyatt, at 23 Yamashitacho, Naka Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 231-0023, Japan. They'd probably be the closest to the port, and it would be a four or so block walk. (I've tried to attach a picture, but this is my first go at it on the forums... hopefully it works?)

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 5.14.02 PM.png

• Like 1

I shipped our luggage via Yamato Transport and picked them up at the Yamato office that mentioned above when we cruised on HAL in April this year. They will hold arrived items for 7 days. Please note that this particular office is closed on weekends. If it's the weekend, you should be able to forward them to the convenience store next to it, Daily Yamazaki, as they are marked as pickup location on Yamato's website.

Here's the link to their website in case you have not yet checked.

As far as I know Osanbashi terminal does not provide this type of service. 

• Like 2

Thank you SimplyMarvie and Y21 for your responses, truly appreciate them. 

I discovered a way to email Osanbashi and Yamato directly.  Waiting for any response for them - though both state it could take up to 48 hours for a response.  Short of attempting to call them and recent experience trying to call Disney reservations suggests this might not be as easy.   I cannot find anything on Sagawa express, as far as their email inquiry and they seem to be the company 'listed' as having a counter at Osanbashi.  So if all else fails, I'll definitely look into this counter nearby.  Apparently Yamato also have a counter at Yokohama station, so that might be another possibility.  

I was/am hoping someone else on the forum has recent experience too and could give other clear answers, in English 😆

On 7/14/2023 at 1:55 AM, Aussie lost in space said:

Thank you SimplyMarvie and Y21 for your responses, truly appreciate them. 

I discovered a way to email Osanbashi and Yamato directly.  Waiting for any response for them - though both state it could take up to 48 hours for a response.  Short of attempting to call them and recent experience trying to call Disney reservations suggests this might not be as easy.   I cannot find anything on Sagawa express, as far as their email inquiry and they seem to be the company 'listed' as having a counter at Osanbashi.  So if all else fails, I'll definitely look into this counter nearby.  Apparently Yamato also have a counter at Yokohama station, so that might be another possibility.  

I was/am hoping someone else on the forum has recent experience too and could give other clear answers, in English 😆

Do you know which Yokohama station? I'm trying to find out if they have one at Shin-Yokohama and hitting a wall. *sigh* I just want to get ramen WITHOUT my suitcase, why is it so hard? 

12 hours ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Do you know which Yokohama station? I'm trying to find out if they have one at Shin-Yokohama and hitting a wall. *sigh* I just want to get ramen WITHOUT my suitcase, why is it so hard? 

Hi again SimplyMarvie - Lol I appreciate your frustrations, ramen is certainly a high priority in Japan. 

So I've had responses from both Yamato and the Osanbashi cruise terminal.  The cruise terminal reported that they don't have a counter there.  Yamato, however stated they had counters at these 2 places, closest to the cruise terminal.  These are : 

Yokohama Kaigandori Sales Office & Yokohama Yamashita-cho Sales Office in the Hitochi Yamashita-cho Building             

I haven't been able to ascertain which Yokohama train station has a counter either, but given the potential ease of getting off a train and being able to go and collect luggage, rather than walking the streets and then lugging it to the terminal, I'll also keep searching for confirmation.      

• 7 months later...

Hello all, I’m a new member and I’m wondering if anyone has any more information on this topic. 

We are sailing from Yokohama on 16 March (a Saturday) and we’d like to ship our bags from our hotel in Kyoto. I just can’t work out where to have them shipped to in Yokohama!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

On 3/2/2024 at 8:57 AM, Aberbud said:

Hello all, I’m a new member and I’m wondering if anyone has any more information on this topic. 

We are sailing from Yokohama on 16 March (a Saturday) and we’d like to ship our bags from our hotel in Kyoto. I just can’t work out where to have them shipped to in Yokohama!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Hi Aberbud we've been able to ascertain that there is definitely a Yamato luggage service opposite the Hyatt Regency (as SimplyMarvie and Y21 reported above)  It is listed as Yamato transport Yokohama Yamashitacho office, however it is closed on weekends, which won't help you I'm sorry.  Apparently luggage can be shipped to the convenience store next to this for weekend pick ups/drop offs.  I'd check with the Hotel you are staying at in Kyoto when you book the luggage forwarding service.  We are lucky as our cruise (also very soon) leaves on a Thursday.  However to be sure the cases arrive on time we will likely be sending them 3 days before we board.  We will also be confirming with our hotel in Kyoto the location for pick up.  Good luck and have an amazing cruise and time in Japan.