Just off the Marina and postive for covid

avalong

Everyone needs to assess their own risk & take any precautions they feel necessary. For many, no precautions are taken & they’re comfortable with that. Up to them. Hopefully, anyone feeling ill will test & quarantine as indicated, but obviously many don’t. 
Covid is not going away. Less risky now due to mutations & available treatments, but still causing long term results in some, including the longest term result-death.

• Like 4

It seems one is just as likely to catch Covid on land as on a cruise.  Fortunately, the few people I know who have had Covid over the past couple of months (not very many, really) reported symptoms no worse than a cold.  Everyone has their  own risk levels...as someone who is reasonably healthy, vaxed and boosted, and had Covid once about a year ago...I don't even think about it much anymore.  That said, I don't begrudge or judge anyone else who does.

Edited by CruisinShips
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2023 at 4:39 PM, ORV said:

I asked my Dr a few months ago and he told me in our state it's not prescribed unless you have a verified case. 

Hi, Orv. I was able to get Paxlovid for our April cruise. I think there’s been a change in the last few months. 

Jane

2 minutes ago, SophieM said:

Hi, Orv. I was able to get Paxlovid for our April cruise. I think there’s been a change in the last few months. 

Jane

Or maybe it's just my Dr. 

I was on HAL’S Rotterdam July 1-15. I believe there was a lot of sickness, from COVID, to Noro to sea sickness!  There was a lot of disinfecting going on. I had an opportunity to talk to a lab technician as well as an RN. They both said there were a lot of sick people. 
unfortunately, I got COVID July 12. Confirmed by medical.  Quarantined in cabin for last days of cruise. It was more than “cold symptoms “. I was coughing, fever, sore throat, wheezing, no appetite and total exhaustion. 
it was a first for me. I had shots plus boosters. 
I suspect I got it on a tour bus. 
I commend HAL for the excellent care. Every day I had a call from Guest services, Dining Room, and 2 from medics. And to boot, I was never charged for doc visits (3) only meds. 

Shootingstar07, glad to know you were well taken care of & are hopefully doing better now. Highlights the fact that Covid can still be debilitating for some. Were you given Paxlovid?

Edited by Vertygo

3 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Shootingstar07, glad to know you were well taken care of & are hopefully doing better now. Highlights the fact that Covid can still be debilitating for some. Were you given Paxlovid?

They reviewed my medical history and decided that by the time I stopped one medication for 5 days I wouldn’t need the Paxlovid.  I have heard mixed reviews about it. One friend got deathly ill taking it. She has heart problems. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, avalong said:

My husband and I left the ship on the 11th. My husband tested positive on the 11th and I tested positive today. Mild symptoms, but be aware that it's still out there folks! Many of our excursion buses sounded like kennels with all the coughing.

One of the reasons we don’t do any excursions from the ship, our last cruise on Marina ,Covid was very bad and no announcements made by the ship