Ravenna Cruise port wine purchase

BillinTexas

The Ravenna port is about 20 minutes from Ravenna proper.  I don't recall seeing anywhere in Ravenna to buy wine and I don't remember anything on the way.  Are you staying over the night before?  How are you getting to Ravenna/the pier? (A little more info might make it easier to guide you!)

If you depart on a Sunday, pretty much everything will be closed, though I did a quick google search and found 1 or 2 shops that open on Sunday from like 9-1 and then later in the afternoon.

Edited by megr1125

We are arriving by Celebrity transfer bus coming from Venice on a weekday (Oct 12 Thursday). Right now I’m leaning to picking up a couple of bottles of wine in Venice if possible since the options in Ravenna aren’t looking good. 

15 hours ago, BillinTexas said:

We are arriving by Celebrity transfer bus coming from Venice on a weekday (Oct 12 Thursday). Right now I’m leaning to picking up a couple of bottles of wine in Venice if possible since the options in Ravenna aren’t looking good. 

That's probably your best option.  There's nothing near the port, very few cabs and the bus isn't going to stop.  The port area is somewhat empty.

You could POSSIBLY get a cab but they are in short supply and it will likely waste an hour between calling for a cab, waiting for it to arrive, getting somewhere, and getting back to the pier.  It'll be easier in Venice as I remember lots of little markets here and there that had wine.  As for soda, I didn't see any 6 or 12 or 24 packs, just singles.

I stayed near the Rialto bridge and there were at least 6 little shops (deli, coffee, wine, etc) and I think some over in the Rialto market area.  I don't recall any near Plaza San Marco but I wasn't looking!  

Ravenna Pier (3).jpg

Ravenna Pier (7).jpg

Edited by megr1125

You're welcome.  If you're at the Hotel Rialto (I stayed there.  Great location, but I wound up changing hotels.  Long story.  Lesson learned, Megr1125: don't book the SMALLEST room, otherwise your knees will hit the wall when using the facilities.  True story)  Ask them for directions here: Trattoria Al Gazzetino.  I asked for a place for lunch and it was only about 5 minutes away. Great food, not crazy expensive.   The places right by the hotel near the bridge aren't that good.  There were a bunch of little markets (they don't look like much from the outside) and a slightly larger grocery store one bridge away (Sort of south, parallel to the canal).

Have a great time!