Help w/ configuring GS or Inside w/teens

Sailing the Mariner in June.I have a choice of putting my 2 boys ages 13 and 15 in their own room next to me on deck 9 or we can put them in a grand suite on deck 10 with their grandparents. Is the GS very roomy for 4 & worth extra $600 then the boys in their own room next to me. Is the GS that much nicer that JS. Any thoughts appreciated.

I would put them in their own room next to you if they don't want to sleep in the same bed. The extra bed in a GS is a pull-out sofa bed, and most teen siblings I know want NOTHING to do with sleeping in the same bed. ;)

They COULD go in the main bedroom part and have the bed split, but that would be putting the grandparents out of the better bed, and I wouldn't do that either.

It is larger than a JS--but unless you have many in the room, I don't think it's worth the $$ for 2 people. A JS is plenty big for 2.

I'd do an adj. for the kids--they're old enough not to need an adult in the room with them 24/7.

Archived