Spring Has Come...and Gone - Where's the Lavazza Coffee? Where's the SMiZE Ice Cream?

startedwithamouse

Celebrity also touts the Lavazza coffee. DH and I were on a Celebrity ship last month and UNimpressed with the coffee. The flavor is so dependent on how it is brewed and most of it tasted like hot water with a brown Crayon dipped in it. It was slightly better in the MDR but not consistent. 

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in October so looking forward (in a snarky way) to comparing poor/indifferent brewing results between the two cruise lines.

2 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

Celebrity also touts the Lavazza coffee. DH and I were on a Celebrity ship last month and UNimpressed with the coffee. The flavor is so dependent on how it is brewed and most of it tasted like hot water with a brown Crayon dipped in it. It was slightly better in the MDR but not consistent. 

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in October so looking forward (in a snarky way) to comparing poor/indifferent brewing results between the two cruise lines.

Was it buffet/MDR coffee or coffee with an upcharge?

4 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

Interesting. I guess it once again depends ship to ship. We were on Celebrity Solstice, then on the Discovery the next day. We found Celebrity coffee in the buffet to be surprisingly good and the coffee on the Discovery to be undrinkable. We have also found the Al Bacio specialty coffees on Celebrity (lattes, americanos, etc) to be much better than IC specialty coffees. Also more expensive, so I guess you get what you pay for. 

• Like 1

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

Was it buffet/MDR coffee or coffee with an upcharge?

I was commenting on buffet and MDR both, but the coffee in Cafe Al Bacio (comparable to Princess’ International Cafe) was nothing to crow about either … all coffee on board had a sour under-note. I’m guessing poor storage and/or lack of attention to proper brewing. I recognize I’m a horrible coffee snob but I think the “specialty “ coffee at least could be decent enough to justify the prices. I believe Celebrity has the most expensive drinks packages of the mainstream cruise lines and frankly I expected better in the coffee department.