Fenway Park from cruise terminal

abbiep

We are sort of booking last minute and most of excursions we are interested in are sold out. I was thinking of trying to tour Fenway on our own by booking directly with the stadium.  What would be the best way to get there and how far is it from the cruise port?

While you could use public transit, I'd recommend a Lyft or Uber. It's about 20 minutes without much traffic, but obviously with traffic could be a fair amount more. I live in Boston and am generally a big fan of transit, but it's two changes and kind of slow going. On the way back, you could take the Green Line to Arlington and walk through the Public Garden and the Common and then either continue on public transit or get a Lyft or Uber.

The Fenway Park tour is fun. I agree with Rubyfisch that public transportation from the Black Falcon terminal to Fenway Park will be time consuming but it can be done.  From the port walk around the Boston Design Center (big white building directly in front of you) to Dry Dock Ave. Take the SilverLine (a bus) to South Station. Transfer to the Red Line (subway) to Park Street. Transfer to the Green Line (outbound). You can take the B, C or D Green line (not E) trolley to Kenmore. Get off at Kenmore (don't go to the Fenway stop, Kenmore is closer to the Park) and follow the signs to Fenway Park. 

Public transit (locally called The T), despite its other faults, has a great website with a trip planner. You can see that at www.mbta.com. I live in the Boston area and I use their trip planner all of the time.  Enjoy your stay in Boston!

Hint: If you decide to take Uber/Lyft when you get off the ship walk around the Boston Design Center and call for the ride at either 23 or 25 Drydock Ave (you'll see big numbers by the street).  At that point DryDock is still two way and the driver can make a U-turn  and avoid all of the port chaos.

• Like 2