Onboard Booking Question

CruiserMickey

Hi @TN-Mountains, sounds like you had a future cruise agent who dropped the ball.

I assume you were booking off the latest 50% off deals as the previous promo was for sailings leaving by the end of August.

I booked on the Sapphire, in early July, the Dec 1 LA to Santiago and the March 2024 Santiago to LA. The future cruise agent did inform me the 50% off promo is non refundable deposits ! Also if your sailing is not in final, they are supposed to ONLY take the $100 non refundable deposit and I was told FCD’s cannot be used! Was told this also when the promo was shared while I was on the Discovery in January when the applicable sailings were for any sailing till May. Again told no FCD combinability with 50% off promo when I was on Crown in May and sailings available extended till end of August. 

Also plus pkg would price at 50% off @$30/day, but Premier would price at a discount but not at 50% off. Agent called shoreside and was told plus and premier are not supposed to be discounted. Read another post where passenger said there was a glitch and premier was adding the 18% gratuity to the 50% off rate, but my booking for solo, that was not the glitch.

I have see someone else post they were able to buy new FCD’s and apply so assume another example of inconsistency among the ships.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Hi @TN-Mountains, sounds like you had a future cruise agent who dropped the ball.

I assume you were booking off the latest 50% off deals as the previous promo was for sailings leaving by the end of August.

I booked on the Sapphire, in early July, the Dec 1 LA to Santiago and the March 2024 Santiago to LA. The future cruise agent did inform me the 50% off promo is non refundable deposits ! Also if your sailing is not in final, they are supposed to ONLY take the $100 non refundable deposit and I was told FCD’s cannot be used! Was told this also when the promo was shared while I was on the Discovery in January when the applicable sailings were for any sailing till May. Again told no FCD combinability with 50% off promo when I was on Crown in May and sailings available extended till end of August. 

Also plus pkg would price at 50% off @$30/day, but Premier would price at a discount but not at 50% off. Agent called shoreside and was told plus and premier are not supposed to be discounted. Read another post where passenger said there was a glitch and premier was adding the 18% gratuity to the 50% off rate, but my booking for solo, that was not the glitch.

I have see someone else post they were able to buy new FCD’s and apply so assume another example of inconsistency among the ships.

I was onboard in June and booked a Califonia Coast cruise for Dec 19-23.  The announcement said 50% off cruises sailing by August, but this particular December cruise was available for 50% off too.  Although my future cruise agent dropped the ball, I would still book with them again.  (Well, hopefully not HIM, but one of the other agents!)  Next time, I will sit there until the booking is complete so I can catch any errors on the spot.  Anyone in line is just gonna have to wait for me the same as I did for the folks in front of me.  It was very stressful finding a non-refundable, paid-in-full charge on my credit card with no way to "fix" the problem the night before disembarkation.  We stayed in England an extra night and by the time I got home I had Covid, so several more days passed before I felt well enough to email Princess.  My CVP originally canceled it and rebooked with just FCD but then said that half-off rate was only good if paid in full upon booking.  Fortunately, this was a "cheap" cruise so full payment was still under $800.  Good thing it wasn't $8000!

I was told the opposite of you.  I was told the FCD would be refundable until the final payment was due in Oct and that 4 of the 5 of us could get OBC by using the FCD.  (They can be used for all the passengers but the OBC is only for the first 2 in a cabin.)  What we got was one OBC in the half-off cabin and 3 OBC in the full-fare cabin.  Not sure the logic behind that but since hubby and I pay the bill for all 5 of us, I don't care which cabin gets credit.    Princess is definitely inconsistent!