Definitely Book Joyce Prince!

stargate fan

We booked a private tour with Joyce Prince. I found her name on the Ports of Call section. We had been corresponding by e-mail to plan the tour. While we were on the ship one night, we discovered that WE messed up the reservation...we booked the wrong day! Using our C&A internet coupons, I quickly e-mailed her in a panic. Thankfully, she was free the next day.

Joyce picked us up right outside the pier exit. She is a lovely and knowledgeable woman. We basically drove around the whole perimeter of the island, all the while Joyce was explaining history and I was asking questions. (Did you know that they need English teachers on the island?? Now that's a thought!!) We learned about the Dutch side wanting to break away from the Netherland Antilles, about the relationship of the Dutch and French governments, the school systems, even politics.

We did not want to so much shopping, but I really wanted a baubble or two, so Joyce took us to her friends at a jewelry store called Jewelry Outlet. I bought a beautiful Ammolite necklace and another purlpy-stone pair of earrings. I think we got a pretty good deal. The staff was very professional and knoeldgeable.

Joyce gives a fantastic tour and gets 5 big :D !

After the tour, we went back to the ship for lunch. We then took a taxi to Orient Beach. I have never in my life seen something so beautiful. The water is so many colors of blue and green that one has to see it. Words do it no justice. My husband and son rented one jet ski while our friend and his son rented another. My girlfriend and I played sungoddesses, enjoying the sun. The water was very warm and we wished we had more time there. 5 big :D!

*note - we did see a few topless womenwalking around, but it was really no big deal. No one we saw flaunted themselves and it was in no way sexual. I was a little envious at these women's self-confidence.*

The price for the tour was $35/person cash, payable at the end of the tour. Joyce did ask for our credit card number to secure the tour, but she assured us that she would destroy it as soon as she got back to her office.

Our group consisted of my husband, my two teenage sons, and me. That's it. Joyce was wonderful. Even our boys really enjoyed the tour, and everyone knows how teenage boys can be. :D

E-mail her and tell her what you want in a tour. She will work with you like she did with us. You will be thrilled.

http://www.joyceprince.com

Would you please share how much you paid for your tour--how many were in your group?

Did you/your group tour alone or were there others not in your group who went on the tour with you?

Archived