Bella Booking Downgrade experience

ddlb

Well, I learned something today. I booked a Bella balcony and was assigned Seaside cabin 10005 today.  I was not happy first time booking Bella my fault. I knew I would be under penalty if I rebooked and it would cost me $199. Plus I had booked on a flash sale and the prices are now higher. Also, it is my understanding you cannot request a different cabin when booking Bella.   
What I decided to do after talking with the excellent rep was downgrade my booking. I had no idea you could even do this.  I downgraded it to an oceanview (Bella) and received a credit of $140. I’ve never stayed in an ocean view. It will be interesting to see what cabin I am assigned but it couldn’t be as bad as that balcony one in my opinion of course. 

Anyhow I did not know you could downgrade without penalty.   From everything I’ve read you had to re-book. 

Best of luck getting your choice of dining.  Depending upon which ship you're on and how full it is, you could have many different time slots which you could be assigned to.  We're currently on the Meraviglia and it could be 530, 730, or 930 in two dining rooms or 600 or 830 in another.  If you choose late, it'll be 830 or 930.  Early could be 530 or 600.  Don't know whether they consider 730 as early or late.  

The shows on board are also at 700, 830 and 1000 each evening.  We chose the 700 show after our 530 dinner, so at 745 we have the rest of the evening for other entertainment or consumption of beverages of our choice.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Best of luck getting your choice of dining.  Depending upon which ship you're on and how full it is, you could have many different time slots which you could be assigned to.  We're currently on the Meraviglia and it could be 530, 730, or 930 in two dining rooms or 600 or 830 in another.  If you choose late, it'll be 830 or 930.  Early could be 530 or 600.  Don't know whether they consider 730 as early or late.  

The shows on board are also at 700, 830 and 1000 each evening.  We chose the 700 show after our 530 dinner, so at 745 we have the rest of the evening for other entertainment or consumption of beverages of our choice.

Yeah. Last cruise I was in an Aurea cabin, and that any time dining was fantastic. 

5 hours ago, ddlb said:

Well, I learned something today. I booked a Bella balcony and was assigned Seaside cabin 10005 today.  I was not happy first time booking Bella my fault. I knew I would be under penalty if I rebooked and it would cost me $199. Plus I had booked on a flash sale and the prices are now higher. Also, it is my understanding you cannot request a different cabin when booking Bella.   
What I decided to do after talking with the excellent rep was downgrade my booking. I had no idea you could even do this.  I downgraded it to an oceanview (Bella) and received a credit of $140. I’ve never stayed in an ocean view. It will be interesting to see what cabin I am assigned but it couldn’t be as bad as that balcony one in my opinion of course. 

Anyhow I did not know you could downgrade without penalty.   From everything I’ve read you had to re-book. 

As I recall, you book physically challenged rooms, don't you?  You should be fine in an oceanview.

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Technically, with Bella you can't "choose."  You can indicate a preference for early or late, but MSC will ultimately assign your time, and it could be contrary to your preference.

20 minutes ago, JAGR said:

As I recall, you book physically challenged rooms, don't you?  You should be fine in an oceanview.

My friend I always cruised with was the one who needed the handicap cabins. Now I am cruising solo. We did several YC and I did Aurea solo. Loved it. Will be interesting to be on deck 5!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Technically, with Bella you can't "choose."  You can indicate a preference for early or late, but MSC will ultimately assign your time, and it could be contrary to your preference.

Yup, that's just another reason why MSC is in our rearview mirror, even though the two times we sailed on her was in the Yacht Club five years ago on the Seaside and this week in a Fantastica cabin on the Meraviglia.  Each sailing was below our expectations compared to 50+ other sailings on Carnival, NCL, RCI, Celebrity and Princess.  MSC is just not our cup of tea.  We gave them time to improve and it still did not meet our standards.  They still have many strides to attempt to get to the level of their competition.  Others like the difference between MSC and those cruise lines based on this side of the pond, some like ourselves don't appreciate the various differences and nuances that need to be improved.  We gave them two chances five years apart in the Yacht Club and in Fantastica.  They failed in our opinion, so our vacation dollars will be spent elsewhere.  Those that enjoy MSC, good for you.  We however enjoy the new builds on this side of the pond and are looking forward to the Sphere Class of Princess (Sun & Star).

Edited by CruizinSusan70

My goodness I couldn’t have worked with a better rep to help me solve my issue with the Bella guarantee balcony I was unhappy with. Personally to pay $728 for an ocean view solo works for me.  However, I really enjoyed the YC once with my 30% myvegas discount.   And of course winning  my YC bid a couple times.  Fantastic experiences!

• Like 3