Have It All Shore Excursion Credit Applied to Excursion Previously Booked by Credit Card?

BigMattT

A few months ago, we booked a shore excursion (Hubbard excursion) using our credit card. That excursion is now sold out.

We have just added "Have It All" to our booking, which grants us $100 each toward shore excursions. We have independent plans for all other ports and cannot use it toward any other HAL excursion.

Does anyone have any recent experience getting the HIA Shore Excursion Credit applied to an already booked (and in this case sold out!) excursion once onboard?

I'm fairly certain I've read this is possible in prior threads, but can't seem to unearth it via search.

Hey @BigMattT I have a lot of experience switching excursions (including sold out exc) from CC to OBC, but have never done it using HIA excursion credit. I recommend you call the excursions desk now - if it can be done, I would think they'd be able to help you.

Please keep us posted.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @BigMattT I have a lot of experience switching excursions (including sold out exc) from CC to OBC, but have never done it using HIA excursion credit. I recommend you call the excursions desk now - if it can be done, I would think they'd be able to help you.

Please keep us posted.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. Trusty PCC just got back to me and said it can be done onboard… essentially turns the HIA credit to refundable OBC.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BigMattT said:

Thank you. Trusty PCC just got back to me and said it can be done onboard… essentially turns the HIA credit to refundable OBC.

Good to know - thanks for the update. If it's handled the way other pre-purchased excursions to OBC are done, you'll want to go to Shore Excursions Desk once you're onboard, don't go to Passenger Services.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good to know - thanks for the update. If it's handled the way other pre-purchased excursions to OBC are done, you'll want to go to Shore Excursions Desk once you're onboard, don't go to Passenger Services.

Yes and be there watching while Excursion Desk changes it. Otherwise you may not get the correct outcome. 

13 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Yes and be there watching while Excursion Desk changes it. Otherwise you may not get the correct outcome. 

They've always done it while I'm there and I see the credit in my statement right then. 🙂

• Like 2