Using up CruiseNext certificates; expiring and transferring - I did search but still got confused.

CP3o

Hi all,

There's a current promo where can double up on any category which seems good.  Think still need to book 4 months out.  

My certificates have been extended until 2024; I'm not sure if the rules are any different on extended ones, do I just need to book by 2024 or also need to sail by expire date?  Can they be redeposited back as long as they haven't expired (12/24)?

If I just want to try to cash out and find a friend who has booked an NCL cruise but not made final payment, can I transfer the certificates to the friend as long as they can sail before 12/24?  Or would they need to use the certificate when doing initial booking?

Thanks so much for any info!

It's typically no problem at all before final payment. A CruiseNext coupon can be added to a booking even if the deposit has already been paid. In that case it just adds $250 towards the final balance.

I'm pretty sure I have even added one after payment in full, and NCL has refunded me $250, but I don't remember the exact circumstances.

• Like 1

I think I can book a cruise in 2025 with a certificate that expires in 2024 but if something happens and can't go I loose it all. 

The expiration date refers to booking and not sailing but couldn't rebook anything once in 2025 and certificate has expired.  Do I have that right or do I need to book AND sail before expiration date?

ps If I find a cheap inside cabin for 600 and apply 500 of cruise next b/c able to double up on any category with current promo, am I able to just sail for the 100 difference?  There aren't any restrictions on what the money goes towards; i.e. cruise fare but not gratuities and taxes?

Thanks again.

Look in your NCL account on the website, it should say "Expires On" and "Sail by" and it's the same date. Lots of people say that NCL has allowed them to book something a few months beyond the expiration date, but strictly speaking the terms say "book and sail within 4 years from purchase date".

I don't know if the CN voucher(s) would cover anything beyond the cruise fare (+ port fees and gov't taxes). Maybe it would cover the FAS service charges. But first you have to find a cruise (4 days or longer) that costs less than $500 (fare+fees+taxes).

25 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

I don't know if the CN voucher(s) would cover anything beyond the cruise fare (+ port fees and gov't taxes). Maybe it would cover the FAS service charges. But first you have to find a cruise (4 days or longer) that costs less than $500 (fare+fees+taxes).

Thanks for the info!  If I understand the current promo it says you can double up on ANY cruise so I'm assuming that could be inside cabin 3 night sailing.  I found a cruise for 600 but didn't realize it ended in DR after 3 night sailing so would need to fly back.  So cheapest now is $952 for 2 pax on inside 3 night out of Miami.  

4 minutes ago, CP3o said:

Thanks for the info!  If I understand the current promo it says you can double up on ANY cruise so I'm assuming that could be inside cabin 3 night sailing.  I found a cruise for 600 but didn't realize it ended in DR after 3 night sailing so would need to fly back.  So cheapest now is $952 for 2 pax on inside 3 night out of Miami.  

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: July 21st – July 24th, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book ANY stateroom on any sailing and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Offer valid for sailings beginning in 2023 and forward:
• Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: July 21st – July 24th, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book ANY stateroom on any sailing and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Offer valid for sailings beginning in 2023 and forward:
• Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

Thanks, I'm good with the 4 months prior.  Seems like 3 nights are ok to book.  It's amazing how quickly an inside cabin at sale prices gets up to about 500pp for a 3 night. There aren't many 3 nights from SoFL; it's like they've said Coco Cay wins and aren't really competing in the 3 night market.  

• Like 1