Sweet... No! Super Sweet!!

mulder

:)

I just got my gear in the mail yesterday. I only want to say that I tried it on last night when I got home from my second shift job and it is totally sweet. Everything fit to a T and was in absolutely excellent condition. It seems very high quality. I am in love with it. I am taking it to the pool tomorrow to test it out. I can't wait. I got the U.S. Diver's Cozumel snorkel set from http://www.boatersworld.com. I can't say enough about how excellent everything was. The mask, which I was worried about fitting properly because I didn't buy it at a dive shop, was absolutely excellent as far as fit. Same goes for the fins. Let's just say I am excited.

I practiced in my bath tub when I bought my first snorkel. Depending on your mask, some recommend you give it a little scrub before you use it the first time to remove the protective layer. A little rub with toothpaste works great. Happy sailing!

I practiced in my bath tub when I bought my first snorkel. Depending on your mask, some recommend you give it a little scrub before you use it the first time to remove the protective layer. A little rub with toothpaste works great. Happy sailing!
Actually, I think a better description would be that the toothpaste polishes the glass, if you rub it for several minutes and be sure to use paste, not gel.

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. I ordered a prescription mask and a snorkel from Snorkel Mart. I went this week to the local YMCA. I didn't want to get out of the water. The mask fit

wonderfully and I spit like everyone on another CC site said to do and I

could see the bottom and count the tiles if I wanted to. (extremely

nearsighted -7.25). I am so excited about snorkeling. L.:D

I went to the YMCA and got in the water and had a lot of fun testing my new snorkel equipment. It was really great. I got the Cozumel snorkel, mask and fins. It was great and the mask fit perfectly and I got used to using them after a few hours of testing them.

I had one issue. The fins are made of a type of plastic that is semi hard but pliable. They are beautiful. One issue, I jumped in the water and the fin bent backwards and snapped in half. That was a bummer. The bright side however was that I called the online company I purchased them from and they sent me out an entire new set. Yes! I said an entire new set, fins, mask and snorkel all for no charge.

Now, the only thing I am worrying about, the fin bent completely backwards and snapped in half. How often does this happen? Is this a issue I will have to worry about? I went to the local dive shop and all of the fins they had were made out of the sam material as mine, but for a whole lot more money.

Archived