Diet soda??????

I am a mild diabetic, and therefore drink only diet soda, but CANNOT drink the aspartame/phenylalanine stuff. Diet coke, 7-up and others now have splenda added varieties, but I KNOW Rhapsody didn't have them available last year. They said (last year) that perhaps they would be adding them at a later date. ANYONE know if this is now the case???

I am also a diabetic, and I think the only diet soda they have is Diet Coke. I myself can't have the sugar or the caffiene, but am very glad they're making products with the Spenda instead of Equal...... but very few establishments are catching on. I actually have an inquiry about this to RCC and am still waiting for a response-- I might call tomorrow, and will let you know what I find out.

I am planning to bring my own Diet Rite -- got a whole suitcase that will be dedicated to 12-packs.

If you don't want to take cans on board with you, have you tried the Crystal Light OntheGo packets? They aren't carbonated, but its a nice variation from just water, and they're very easy to transport. Just a thought...

They only have Coke products on RCI ships. I don't know about the Aspartame thing, but if you are worried, better pick up what you want before you board, or bring it with you in your luggage. (Some people have had cans get holes in them, so beware.)

Hope this helps.

They only have Coke products on RCI ships. I don't know about the Aspartame thing, but if you are worried, better pick up what you want before you board, or bring it with you in your luggage. (Some people have had cans get holes in them, so beware.)

Hope this helps.

Wow I'm glad to hear about the Coke products, I have to have my Diet Coke, I read the previous post about Diet Pepsi and was disappointed, this sound much better to me.:)

They do not have the Splenda sweetened kind on the ships. You probably will be able to bring these along. To be safe get your doctor to write a note since some passengers have reported confiscation of drinks being brought along.

I'm a diet Pepsi fan so I always bring a good supply. They don't have any problem with that. Your cabin steward will clean out the fridge, {if you have one}, or will keep you supplied with ice for your pop. The ice bucket is pretty small so bring a small cooler with you.

The "diet cokes" they serve as fountain drinks on the Navigator did not bear any resemblance in taste to real diet cokes, and they varied in flavor from bar to bar....The schooner bar was the absolute worst...tasted light lighter fluid!! Other bars weren't so bad.... if you are a true diet coke affecianodo, I'd avoid buying the soda card and buy the cans -- or bring your own!!

My DH and I are both diabetics and can't drink pop at all, even diet. We are bringing on our own non-alcohol drinks, since there are none on board. All we had to do was fax a list of what we would be bring to the special needs department of RCL. I spoke to the special needs people first. This is what they said to do, so that there is a record, in case they try to confiscate the items.

Archived