Alaska Cruise October

Grandmama Wad

3 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

@Grandmama Wad  Well sadly you are not getting a lot of advice and I think people misinterpreted your request of advice to include negativity.  Sorry about that.  The views will be amazing and you're probably NOT going on a cruise to go shopping anyway.  Of course you are going to miss some things due to this very late sailing.  Enjoy the scenery and enjoy your cruise.  That's the best advice I can offer.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Tell me about it.  Weather in SW Alaska can be interesting.  On one driving trip where we were using the Marine Highway to get from place to place so we were stuck in some towns for several days - it rained all the time we were in Juneau.  It rained all the time we were in Ketchikan.  It poured all the time we were in Prince Rupert.  Luckily Prince Rupert has a very nice library and they did not kick us out.  And this was in August.  If it had been October with colder weather I think that we would abando

@Grandmama Wad  Well sadly you are not getting a lot of advice and I think people misinterpreted your request of advice to include negativity.  Sorry about that.  The views will be amazing and you're probably NOT going on a cruise to go shopping anyway.  Of course you are going to miss some things due to this very late sailing.  Enjoy the scenery and enjoy your cruise.  That's the best advice I can offer.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Tell me about it.  Weather in SW Alaska can be interesting.  On one driving trip where we were using the Marine Highway to get from place to place so we were stuck in some towns for several days - it rained all the time we were in Juneau.  It rained all the time we were in Ketchikan.  It poured all the time we were in Prince Rupert.  Luckily Prince Rupert has a very nice library and they did not kick us out.  And this was in August.  If it had been October with colder weather I think that we would abandoned the rest of the trip and headed back to Vegas.   On the positive side the weather turned wonderful as we headed inland from Prince Rupert.

DON

ned the rest of the trip and headed back to Vegas.   On the positive side the

weather turned wonderful as we headed inland from Prince Rupert.

DON

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Let's hope you have great weather for your cruise.  We went very early Oct '21 and although there was a very strong storm at the beginning of the trip, the remaining 6 days were beautiful.  I see that your cruise goes to Glacier Bay.  We even had frost on our glacier day, and some snow 'dusting' at least in one port. Be sure that you are prepared for chilly weather and rain.   The mountains were just beautiful with new snow.

It will also be nice to have the towns to yourselves, and what stores are open will probably have some great 'end of the season' sales. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your encouraging words😊

• Like 1

I love your attitude!  There will be loads of fun to be had on board if nothing else.  And maybe the weather will pull through and you could have some great days.  Or maybe it will be lightly snowing and you can make some amazing memories walking through AK.  Either way it will be better than sitting at home 💚

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

I love your attitude!  There will be loads of fun to be had on board if nothing else.  And maybe the weather will pull through and you could have some great days.  Or maybe it will be lightly snowing and you can make some amazing memories walking through AK.  Either way it will be better than sitting at home 💚

Thank you for the kind words!

• Like 1