Meraviglia special needs

bermuda triangle

I just read a review where special needs requests were not granted (pack and play and wheelchair assist).  I have also read reviews where pack and plays were waiting in the cabin upon arrival.

We are new to MSC and in our party have a pack and play requested, someone who uses oxygen and someone who will need wheelchair assistance for embarkation.

These have not been issues with other lines should I expect an issue for this trip?

We sail in Sept and have sent in special needs forms within a couple days of booking (last week).

When should we expect to hear something from MSC other than the auto response email that they have received the forms?

Thanks!

Laura

Edited by bermuda triangle

Hi Laura,

I have used the special needs form for a severe food allergy. While it's never been acknowledged beforehand (other than the courtesy return email) it has been correctly noted on the ship. That's totally different, however from yours all of which require a service.  

The wheelchair embarkation should be easy enough to arrange even if that slips through the cracks. The pack and play seems iffy, based on how many babies onboard.  I should *think* that that number would be low in September, but then what's your plan B other than to cart on your own? 

10 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Hi Laura,

I have used the special needs form for a severe food allergy. While it's never been acknowledged beforehand (other than the courtesy return email) it has been correctly noted on the ship. That's totally different, however from yours all of which require a service.  

The wheelchair embarkation should be easy enough to arrange even if that slips through the cracks. The pack and play seems iffy, based on how many babies onboard.  I should *think* that that number would be low in September, but then what's your plan B other than to cart on your own? 

And that's the great question! Bring their own or plan on one being there? Leaving the week after Labor Day so hopefully less kids than during peak summer cruises.

Wheelchair I figured was easiest and oxygen is a concentrator from home.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, bermuda triangle said:

And that's the great question! Bring their own or plan on one being there? Leaving the week after Labor Day so hopefully less kids than during peak summer cruises.

Wheelchair I figured was easiest and oxygen is a concentrator from home.

Hi! My cousin had the same issue with her baby things she needed. She also emailed never heard back so I suggested she email again. She did and finally got an email back. They initially told her bring everything herself so she then called them and they had the items waiting for her in the room.  Keep in mind, you do have to ask for a lot of things on this ship, like even tissues, so if they don’t have it waiting, call them onboard. My dad also uses a CPAP machine and filled out the special needs form where he was told to bring the extension and distilled water.  2 days into our cruise they left us an urgent note on the door and asked if he wanted the distilled water. Just keep all of that in mind. We emailed both reservations, special needs and called so it doesn’t hurt to do all of the above. Here’s a review of the ship if you’re interested: https://thehappiesttravels.com/2023/07/30/msc-meraviglia-cruise-review/. Hope this info helps! 

2 hours ago, jenngirl said:

Hi! My cousin had the same issue with her baby things she needed. She also emailed never heard back so I suggested she email again. She did and finally got an email back. They initially told her bring everything herself so she then called them and they had the items waiting for her in the room.  Keep in mind, you do have to ask for a lot of things on this ship, like even tissues, so if they don’t have it waiting, call them onboard. My dad also uses a CPAP machine and filled out the special needs form where he was told to bring the extension and distilled water.  2 days into our cruise they left us an urgent note on the door and asked if he wanted the distilled water. Just keep all of that in mind. We emailed both reservations, special needs and called so it doesn’t hurt to do all of the above. Here’s a review of the ship if you’re interested: https://thehappiesttravels.com/2023/07/30/msc-meraviglia-cruise-review/. Hope this info helps! 

So helpful thank you! Did she call the main phone number for making a reservation? I was told to fill out form by them and that the special needs department doesn't have a phone number 🤷‍♀️. The email address I was giving by TA ismscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

was there a second email address you would suggest?

Thanks so much!

Laura

2 hours ago, bermuda triangle said:

So helpful thank you! Did she call the main phone number for making a reservation? I was told to fill out form by them and that the special needs department doesn't have a phone number 🤷‍♀️. The email address I was giving by TA ismscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

was there a second email address you would suggest?

Thanks so much!

Laura

So when I called to follow-up for special needs like the CPAP and she called for the baby, it was the main number. She sent two or three emails before anyone answered. My tip for her and what we did as well is if they don't answer you and you need to bring things, print out the email so you can show you reached out and no one answered so you can show them at the pier. I checked back and saw that she emailed that same address, but I want to say there is also a special needs email address too! If I were you, I would do both! 

4 hours ago, jenngirl said:

So when I called to follow-up for special needs like the CPAP and she called for the baby, it was the main number. She sent two or three emails before anyone answered. My tip for her and what we did as well is if they don't answer you and you need to bring things, print out the email so you can show you reached out and no one answered so you can show them at the pier. I checked back and saw that she emailed that same address, but I want to say there is also a special needs email address too! If I were you, I would do both! 

I haven't been able to find another email address. I found a FL based phone number that has a recording to call the reservation line.

I just sent a message on Facebook, maybe that will illicit a response!

Thanks again for your help. I read your review and found it helpful!

Laura