False advertising or not

Bin man

Just got my confirmation from P&O confirming £800 OBC and CPS parking.

Ref. OBC as a family of 3 adults we would spend on average £100 per day so any OBC is fully appreciated as it reduces my final onboard account.

2 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

OBC, Oh what a wonderful thing to behold. Or is it ? What is it really worth given that many items onboard are hugely overpriced such as bottles of wine that you can get in say Asda or Morrisons for under a tenner costing at least double that. I ordered two glasses of wine , Sauvignon Blanc on a recent cruise and my gasted has never been so flabbered when I saw they cost me nearly 20 pounds. Another item with a huge mark up are bars of chocolate and sweets. My ideal would be that all the food in all venues was upgraded even if it cost a tenner per person per day extra. That drink at the table was cheaper instead of throwing OBC around like confetti and that if you went to the Spa it wasn't their intent to either flog you more treatments or products that if you turn down there seems to be a definite change in the attitude of staff. Not being a positive one at that. Also that it isn't compulsory to have to pay extra to get a decent sunbed. Not bothered about being away from the main group of passengers by having to pay twenty quid per person per day. 

You over pay for wine in pubs and restaurants on land in  the UK, not counting Wetherspoons 😆.  P&Os wine prices fare comparably with pubs and restuarants and are cheaper in some cases if you buy a wine package with the OBC . As far as buying chocolate onboard never ever would I buy that . We check out land prices for goods in the onboard shops and  bought a camera , watches and anything left over buy a bottle of booze to finish it off . Never had a bill at the end of the cruise . 

Edited by heatherb1958