Birth certificates

Mncadguy

If I may ask a question? We are going on our first cruise this coming up sunday on the Star. While I understand I need the Birth Cert to go through customs. Is it nesessary to carry it while on shore excusions that are taken through Princess. We are taking one on our own in Cozumel. And I was thinking of carrying it then. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

:)

Leave originals of whatever you take with you in the ship safe. Take your Patter. It has phone numbers on it if you need help.

I make and take copies of the following off the ship with me:

Passport or

Birth Certificate/Driver's License (picture ID)

Medical Insurance Card

We did not need Driver's License when we were in Mexico

But just so you know, you usually will need government ID, your Driver's License, in order to get back on the ship in Mexican ports. So do plan on taking that off the ship.

Never heard of that. Usually we just need our room card to get on and off the ship. Have cruise to the Mexican Riviera several times already.

I just take the copies with me for piece of mind and just in case something were to happen. I read it here on the threads over a year ago when someone lost their sail card. It was a feasco to get back on board. You really only need your sail card.

All you need is your Princess key room card to return to the ship. They photograph you when you first come on board and every time you leave and return to the ship, they scan the card and it shows them your picture for comparison. Just try to use someone elses key card! That would not be much fun. Leave your valuables in the ship. Take only what you need for shopping purchases as well as a photo id in case you need it for that, but it won't be necessary to get back on the ship.

Donnie

PS. Have fun! You are going to love cruising!!!

We were on the Grand to the Caribbean 3 weeks ago - we used our Passports to check into the ship, then never used anything but the ship card for anything else including going into the ports (incl Cozumel).

Just returned from the Coral. You need your ship card in all ports and a photo ID in some ports. Princess recommends you carry a photo ID in all ports. I wore a little wallet around my neck that held my cruise card and photo ID in the front and had a zipper pocket for cash, Traveler's checks, etc. We wore them all the time, even onboard. Easy way to carry your ship card.

Archived