Buenos Aires shuttle bus

photopro2

5 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

Wherever -- just take the black taxis, which are cheap.

Tip:  Use US dollars.  And read up on the "Blue Dollar".  In Argentina, cash is king and credit cards are a losing proposition.

When I was in Argentina in January some (most?) US credit cards were giving close to the blue dollar exchange rate. So less cash advantage.

Also- if you want to bring cash- be aware that crisp hundreds are the most desirable, with a worse exchange rate offered for smaller denominations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pavementends said:

When I was in Argentina in January some (most?) US credit cards were giving close to the blue dollar exchange rate. So less cash advantage.

Worth checking in advance.  Mine were all at about the official rate.

2 hours ago, pavementends said:

Also- if you want to bring cash- be aware that crisp hundreds are the most desirable, with a worse exchange rate offered for smaller denominations.

Or have large bills if exchanging for pesos -- and small ones for shops where they will take the dollars directly at the blue rate.  I was finding many smaller shops that gave blue rate for payment directly with tens, fives and ones.  Or local type restaurants. Guess they didn't want to go through an exchange and take that hit.