NCL Encore 10/15/23, Seattle - Alaska

zackarykeef

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice.  I'm doing this itinerary August 25-Sept 1.  I chose that date because I have a "bucket list" excursion that isn't offered late in the season (Helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier and Dogsledding.)

If you haven't already, check out the NCL board for others' comments on cruising this late in the season.  It's a full month later than the other cruise lines.  Certainly don't want to dissuade you but go in with your eyes open 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, phillygwm said:

Nice.  I'm doing this itinerary August 25-Sept 1.  I chose that date because I have a "bucket list" excursion that isn't offered late in the season (Helicopter to Mendenhall Glacier and Dogsledding.)

If you haven't already, check out the NCL board for others' comments on cruising this late in the season.  It's a full month later than the other cruise lines.  Certainly don't want to dissuade you but go in with your eyes open 🙂

I went and it was incredible! The first time was the first week of June, and there was more snow I would say. It was extremely warm during the day and sunny without a single day of rain. I went last summer the first week of July, and it was overall pretty rainy but still beautiful. Our helicopter/glacier walk tour in Juneau was cancelled due to heavy fog that we had for 3 days. October was my favorite. The fall colors were incredible, it wasn't crowded, and the weather was beautiful! I highly recommend sailing in fall!

• Like 1