Ticketing airline seats

OAT vagabond

We fully paid for our trip and Oceania air last month along with the seats we chose.. We were told by our TA this morning that Oceania will NOT confirm or ticket our business class seats until 90 days before our trip. It’s Oceania’s policy, not the airlines. That means we won’t know what seats we have or if my husband and I are even sitting together. Not acceptable!!! Have you ever experienced this? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2023 at 2:33 PM, OAT vagabond said:

We fully paid for our trip and Oceania air last month along with the seats we chose.. We were told by our TA this morning that Oceania will NOT confirm or ticket our business class seats until 90 days before our trip. It’s Oceania’s policy, not the airlines. That means we won’t know what seats we have or if my husband and I are even sitting together. Not acceptable!!! Have you ever experienced this? 

I've experienced this and don't ever accept cruise line air arrangements.  I always make my own arrangements way before 90 days regardless that it may cost more.  I am extremely particular about the airlines I fly and the seating arrangements.

We have used Oceania Air for a number of cruises.  Seats assigned have always been together.

My only issue is that some airlines allow you to change seats locations and others won't.  Our TA is sometimes allowed and then another airline won't let her.  Again depending on the airline we have been able to upgrade.  Before deciding on air, I always  check ITA Matrix for flights.  Then working with our TA and ask for the flight we would like.  Oceania occasionally refuses flights that was requested.  We then look at what the alternative that was offered or do our own.  Overall we have been satisfied with Oceania Air.    The flights for us have been significantly cheaper.