RCCL Palma de Mallorca Hop On Hop Off

Kim225

Does anyone have recent experience with the Palma de Mallorca RCCL Hop On Hop Off excursion?  Would you recommend this?  We will be on Symphony of the Seas in September and thought this might be a good way to see the city.  Is the same HOHO as I see on TripAdvisor?  Seems like the recent reviews there are not great there, but I am not sure if the company that RCCL uses is the same.

We have not travelled to Spain previously, so we are hesitant to go off on our own.  Any guidance is appreciated. 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Kim225 said:

Does anyone have recent experience with the Palma de Mallorca RCCL Hop On Hop Off excursion?  Would you recommend this?

there is a dedicated Palma "sticky" at the top of the Spain Ports forum and you may find the answer to your question there should you get nothing definite from this thread. And it is a source of much info so worth spending time on. It is this one;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/#comments

t is quite a long walk from the port into town, but I think many cruise pax would simply take a cab or public bus into Palma to a stop near the Cathedral area and walk around from there as many of the principal sights are centrally located and very close to each other. And bear in mind that many of the streets in that area and the historic centre in generale are pedestrianised so the HOHOs cannot go along them.

The OFFICIAL Palma Tourist Information website is a good source of all sorts of info (and suggested walking routes) and should be your  starting point, and do also  look at the "sticky". and Tripadvisor and others.

Palma is a lovely city to visit and I think you will enjoy your day there, more so if you are able to walk around the historic area.

And as your question is RCCL specific, consider cross posting on the RCCL forum where others who have taken this shorex might see it.

Edited by edinburgher

On 8/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, edinburgher said:

there is a dedicated Palma "sticky" at the top of the Spain Ports forum and you may find the answer to your question there should you get nothing definite from this thread. And it is a source of much info so worth spending time on. It is this one;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/#comments

t is quite a long walk from the port into town, but I think many cruise pax would simply take a cab or public bus into Palma to a stop near the Cathedral area and walk around from there as many of the principal sights are centrally located and very close to each other. And bear in mind that many of the streets in that area and the historic centre in generale are pedestrianised so the HOHOs cannot go along them.

The OFFICIAL Palma Tourist Information website is a good source of all sorts of info (and suggested walking routes) and should be your  starting point, and do also  look at the "sticky". and Tripadvisor and others.

Palma is a lovely city to visit and I think you will enjoy your day there, more so if you are able to walk around the historic area.

And as your question is RCCL specific, consider cross posting on the RCCL forum where others who have taken this shorex might see it.

Thanks Edinburgher I think you covered everything .

The hop on hop of bus does stop at the port as seen on the map .

citysightseeing-palma-de-mallorca.jpg

The last few weeks I have noticed  that the buses have been over crowded, if you don't  get a seat on the top deck it's a waste of time and money.

It's an expensive  trip ,you can see most of the town on foot

Roger b

10 hours ago, roger b said:

It's an expensive  trip ,you can see most of the town on foot

Roger b

Thanks for that Roger. Kim225 can now compare the RCCL HOHO with the regular one, including cost and routing. Like you I am still of the opinion that it is better to cab or public bus into the Cathedral area and walk around but it is a matter of personal preference. Currently there is also the issue with temperature.  I don't think I would be tempted to sit upstairs in the open in this current heatwave but perhaps it will have abated by the time the OP arrives.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:51 AM, Kim225 said:

We have not travelled to Spain previously, so we are hesitant to go off on our own.  Any guidance is appreciated. 

No need to be hesitant.  Palma is a very easy DIY and many many people speak english, also you will be mostly in the historic area or the shopping area very close to it.