exciting 2007 NCL news??

niya305

Here is the link to the info from cruisecritic's news section: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1554

Basically, the Pearl is going to be early, and based out of Miami, and then move to Alaska in the summer, along with the Star and the Sun.

The Dawn is going to move to Miami also, and will be replaced by the Gem.

hi shoreguy....I guess there is still no news on what and or when we loose the Dream, and who will replace her here in Houston.....It sure would be nice if they added to the itenary and covered some other ports....

or am I DREAMING ..;)

till we all sail again.....jus me...jim the Velvet Teddy Bear

booked...Dream 11/25/06

hi shoreguy....I guess there is still no news on what and or when we loose the Dream, and who will replace her here in Houston.....It sure would be nice if they added to the itenary and covered some other ports....

or am I DREAMING ..;)

till we all sail again.....jus me...jim the Velvet Teddy Bear

booked...Dream 11/25/06

Some news - on Seatrade they go on to share more info from the convention.

The Majesty (Boston) and Crown (NYC) will do their Bermuda cruises in summer 2007 - they are safe.

The Wind will be one of 4 ships in HI for a full year in 2007 - it is safe

The Dream is back in the Baltics for the summer of 2007 - it is safe.

Also do to the success of the 12 day Jewel cruises in Europe there will be more in summer 2007.

Not one cut and past :)

Read the whole story if you want but you will need to register

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=9201

I like how he says "larger sized ships" do you think NCL will order these this year? Any idea of the size range? Carnival Destiny, Grand Princess, Voyager class? etc

Nothing is set yet and as reported the ship yards are booked thru 2009. What was rumored were two new ships in the 120,000 ton class.

Although NCL claims all of the yards are booked through 2009 if I am not mistaken isn't there a yard in Asia (I belive Japan) operated by Mitsubishi that built the diamond and sapphire princess. Since star cruises owns NCL and is based in asia I am not sure why they wouldn't consider this yard unless it has more to do with the fact that NCL only made about 20 million this year and is running out of funds to purchase new ships since if they keep the same profits for the next 20 years it wouldn't be enough to even cover 1 ship. I am wondering if NCL will keep the Crown, Majesty, Wind and Dream past 2010 as initially was reported as being the end dates for all of these ships since no newbuilds will be built according to Colin Veitch until at least 2010. And since only 2 possible replacement ships will have been built by that time the Gem and Pearl since the Jewel replaced the sea it would seem that they would need to remove 2 ships in 2010 and take delivery of 2 new ships by 2010 for all 4 to leave by then unless they plan on the fleet getting smaller.

Also, does anyone know if Star Cruises Inc (including NCL, NCLA, Star Cruises, and Orient Lines) will still be the 3rd largest cruiseline in 2010 or whether MSC will have surpassed them since they have 5 newbuilds on order with a fleet of around 6 or 7 ships already?

nothing was mentioned of the ncl america brand ships

ss united states or ss independence. has anybody hear

anything at the convention?

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2006/03/13/focus2.html

Robison said the ship's hull has been tested to be in excellent condition and the engine is being tested to see if it meets current standards. But in actuality, she said, the decision to make the S.S. United States into a cruise liner lies in the success of another ship.

New documentary Film being made

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2006/03/13/focus3.html

First one to spot that itin and date' date=' please post it here!!:D

What a carrot to have the name Pearl listed but no details yet!;)[/quote']

I still think it will be announced Monday the 27th - Leveraging the Apprentice

They are in there just not turned up yet thus the carrot:mad:

I still bet someone here will find it sooner - They will have to make sure it is working well before an anticipated surge in traffic.

Archived