Low Sulfite, Organic Wine

KillerSnake

Seeing the Sabatini's Wine Sale thread made me think after reading the list.............

Does PCL offer Organic, low Sulfite wines? And are the reasonable identified on

the wine list?

I can cook with any wine, but I opt to drink I have to watch the sulfite levels.

Instant headache.

10 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

FWIW, the several "organic" wines that we have tried over the years have not been very good.  🍷

I am sorry to see that. I have had several from Argentina. This was at wine tasting at Fort Belvoir, VA. That is how I learned I can drink small glasses of it without having the reaction I have with most other wines.

Even more of the Chez Snotty French wines give me an instant headache when just doing a tasting.

I vaguely remember seeing a tab in the wine list in the dining room in Discovery last month listing organic wines.   Did a quick search on Mr Google and he indicates Princess has Organic wines are available.  Once again no wine listing.   Sulfite free is another issue.

Good luck.  If you can bring in your favorites.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, LACruiser88 said:

I have never seen "organic" wines offered on any cruise ship.

"Offered" and "Identified on the wine list" are two different things.  It is entirely possible for organic wines to be offered, but not labeled as such.  While I have not looked specifically, I would guess that there are organic wines on the ship.  Whether the Old World heavy list at Sabatini's has any is another question.  But with a bit or research, one might be able to find organic wine by talking to the manager at Vines and have a bottle sent over to Sabatini's for dinner.

14 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Sulfite free is another issue.

Any wine that contains greater than 10 ppm sulfites must be labeled as containing sulfites.  Between 1 and 10 ppm can be labeled as "sulfite free" but that is really, really rare.  As for "absolutely sulfite free"?  That does not exist.  Organic wines tend to clock in around 30-40 ppm.  Some can be around 10.  A "regular" wine will be around 80.  The upper legal limit in the EU is 220 and in the US it is 350, but rarely will a wine ever get into that range.  

• Thanks 1