How much to tip at Paradise Beach?

kittyraptors

On 9/6/2023 at 11:22 AM, c-leg5 said:

Are you saying he said it was itemized, and then it wasn’t? How would they account for drinks you collected yourself?

I have never had an itemized receipt at any AI. Once you have paid that is it other than for extras. That practice seems strange.

Tipping is always subjective at best but I am sure at Paradise there is a built-in facility fee, just like PAYG have to pay a cover charge. Obviously some will overindulge in food and drink but some won’t even reach their allowance.

Sorry for the delay. Yes that’s exactly what happened. Our waiter claimed our charges added up to a certain dollar amount. I just looked at the standard recommended breakdown for the tip, 15%, 18%, and 20%, etc… on the bill he showed us at the time and we added roughly18%. Turns out the bill actually only had the total AI charge for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids in our case) but didn’t noticed till later at night when I actually looked at the copy of our receipt. And as you stated that didn’t account for the tips that we paid directly to the bartenders for drinks we retrieved ourselves. Also didn’t include the separate tip we paid for lunch since we decided to eat in the covered area which had a separate waiter. And that was totally fine by us, the food and service from the rest of the staff was very good. All in all a good visit and will definitely come back again the next time we’re in Cozumel. 

• Like 1