Itinerary Change for Fascination & Imagination 4 Day Cruises

I got an e-mail from my TA saying that she received a fax from Carnival stating these ships will not be stopping in Key West due to port construction. I had her fax me copy of the letter and it states that since they will not be stopping in Key West they will extend the schedule time in Cozumel by 5 hours. (arrival will now be 7:00 am).

These are the dates:

Fascination: June7,21 (my sailing date); July 5,19; August 2,16,30 September 13,27; October 11,25

Imagination: June 17; July 1,15,29; August 12,26; September 9,23; October 7,21

The pier will not reopen until November 1, 2004.

I thought I would let you guys know if you happen to be sailing on theses dates.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

DH 40th Birthday Surprise on the Fascination 6/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;6;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the info. I will be going on the Imagination on July 15th. My PVP at Carnival will probably tell me about this on Friday when I make my final payment.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

Imagination 7/04

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Hi Annette: I read your post from earlier and noticed you were on the same cruise too. No I was not offered any compensation. But I'm going to call my TA and see if there is anything that she can do. I'll let you know what happens. I'm a little bummed because I wanted to go to KW. Even though I have been there before I kinda wanted to go to places that I didn't see last time. But I will make the most out of Cozumel.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;6;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

HELLO TO CARNIVAL CRUISERS

I sailed on the Imagination in July 2002 to Key West and Cozumel.

I would not of chosen this iternary if I would of had this info of not going to Key West.

I just booked cruise on May 28 for 7 of us and it's 1st cruise for 3 in our group.

So only going to Cozumel is NOT my idea of a cruise. I would like to know the date that this change was made.

SO IF ANYONE KNOWS DATE, PLEASE PUT DATE ON THE ROLL CALL.

We are sailing on The Imagination on July 15.

Does anyone know if other cruise lines are not stopping in Key West ???

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Key West is Beautiful, nice shopping too...

Anyway, Guess we will have to go with the flow but will call my TA tommorrow and see if Carnival wants me to book another Cruise with them as I usually cruise Royal Caribbean and Princess.

Thanks for the Info.

Donna icon_redface.gif

I understand the Outer Mole Pier is under construction. Why don't they use two of the other piers? If the piers are in use, reverse the trip and go to Cozumel first. I love Key West and hate that they have taken it off.

I am very lucky now, I live only about 5 hours from the Keys so we can take weekend trips down there. I had my first taste of Key West on the Imagination and love it!

Sensation 9/98 10th anniv.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Destiny 9/01 The week of 911

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Zuiderdam 9/6/03 - 15th anniv.

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

Happiness is being on a cruise

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend Here We Come 11/27

Carnival just confirmed for me that Key West is off of my July 29th Imagination itinerary. I am sad and a bit annoyed by this. Five more hours in Cozumel does not make up for an extra sea day and the loss of one of only two ports.

I will need to talk with the other three people I am traveling with, but on my own, I would be asking Carnival to credit me with another cruise when they are going to the ports the advertise.

Ally

Imagination....July 29, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

CrusingGirl -

I noticed that you only mention that Key West has been cancelled for the June 7th and 21st sailing for Fascination I am going on Fascination June 28th. Wouldn't Key West be cancelled then as well? If not, why would they only cancel Key West on selective dates?

Thanks.

according to the keys.com website article, the Fascination can dock at the main mallory dock pier every other week..the weeks noted as having to miss key west are ones where there is another ship scheduled for the mallory dock pier. Imagination cannot dock at the mallory dock pier because the other cruise ships have it booked the weeks the Imagination would be in Key West.

Chris Mitchell

16 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 81 wonderful days at sea

dreaming of ....

Norwegian Crown 8/04

Carnival Fascination 11/04

Why can't they tender in Key West instead of docking?

It is done at many ports, by many cruise lines and would certainly be a better solution that cancelling a port altogether and risking the loss of passengers on this or future cruises.

Ally

Imagination....July 29, 2004

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2sigs:

CrusingGirl -

I noticed that you only mention that Key West has been cancelled for the June 7th and 21st sailing for Fascination I am going on Fascination June 28th. Wouldn't Key West be cancelled then as well? If not, why would they only cancel Key West on selective dates?

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2sigs- The paper that was faxed to me only had those dates on it for June. But you are right about the 28th. It would make since if the other dates are canceled. I would call just to double check. Have a great cruise.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

Supposedly the pier construction is supposed to be finished by the beginning of Nov. We are sailing on Nov 21st..so I hope so..but don't have complete faith in any military run operation.

they did tender in for some cruises in May. Supposedly the passengers were unhappy having to tender. I am sure with the limited port times it is a hassle but we have had similar port times in Grand Cayman and other tendered ports and managed. I just worry that it will be too late for us to 'jump ship' when they are not finished in Nov and having only 1 port on a 4 night cruise just doesn't seem right to me. Why don't they add Calica to the itinerary and give the cruisers another port of call in the week..

We have 9 cabins booked for Thanksgiving and all are really looking forward to seeing Key West...

Chris Mitchell

dreaming of ....

Norwegian Crown 8/04

Many Cruisers are NOT very Happy icon_mad.gif

I called my TA today and she didn't have any Luck with Carnival, So I will call Carnival and tell them what I think!!!!!

I don't see any reason why we don't get another Island or Tendering.

WE ALL need to call Carnival and complain.

Good Luck to Carnival getting any more bookings to 1 port. They will have to lower the rates.

We are the ones that are being cheated...

Instead of calling Carnival and complaining, perhaps you should call the officials in Key

West who decided to do the pier renovation. Carnival was notified on May 1 about this, and tried to negotiate for weeks about getting the Fascination and the Imagination into KW, which is why the official itinerary change from Carnival came on June 1. Carnival isn't the one who decided to drop KW as a port of call. KW made the decision to re-construct their docking pier. Tendering? Do you have any idea how much it costs one cruise ship to tender thousands of passengers into one port? Do you really want the price of your cruise to increase because you want to tender into KW?

imsulin

not sure where you are getting your info. But it is not the city of KW that is making the renovations..they are losing big bucks by not getting all those passengers into KW with $10 per head port taxes... the pier is being renovated by the NAVY, they want to make the channel deeper to allow for larger ships into the naval base. This has been in works for awhile so Carnival should have been aware of it long before May 1st. They did tender in for at least 1 week in May. The tender costs were probably paid by KW to get the tourist traffic into the city. Regardless, only having 1 port of call on a 4 night cruise is a disappointment and those affected have the right to complain to Carnival and make their feelings known.

Chris Mitchell

dreaming of ....

Norwegian Crown 8/04

Originally posted by cmitch9999:

Regardless, only having 1 port of call on a 4 night cruise is a disappointment...

There are several ships that make only ONE port visit on 4-night cruises. I can understand those who booked expecting 2 ports would be disappointed, but there are options:

Carnival says passengers may cancel with no charge if they should choose to. ALL cruise lines have the "Changes in Itinerary" policy.

Go to the other thread "No refund...". Lots of thoughts on this on that thread.

Whatever y'all do - I hope you can put this behind you and GO and ENJOY your cruise! icon_smile.gif

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Thank you Cotton. This cruise is a 40th birthday surprise for DH and I plan to still go and plan to spend some quality time with my hubby and make the most of it.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

Archived