Puerto Vallarta Dolphin Swim

spongebobshayne

We will be on the Dec 12th 2023 out of SF on the Crown Princess, our first time on this ship. Would like any pros or cons on the Dolphin Swim in Nevro Vallarta. There will be four adults and one 8 yr old boy. Interested in the accessible of this excursion due to one of the adults uses a scooter. Does Princess use a bus or water taxi to the excursion? TIA 😊 

17 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Please do some research before doing the Swim with Dolphins.  May be fun for the humans, not so much for the dolphins.  It can also be dangerous.  Thank you.

Agree. 

Edited by sunviking90

Thank you for your responses. I've been doing research but I was really hoping that I would get ideas from other Cruisers who have experiences the excursion in Nevro Vallarta through Princess Cruises, in person and could share their experiences in a positive or negative narrative. That would include any of your concerns how the animals are treated and of how safe they felt during the time with the dolphins. Also, how accessible the excursion is for someone who will be using a mobility scooter. Don't mean to offend anyone who doesn't believe in this type of excursion. TIA

I swam with the dolphins in PV but it’s been 10+ years ago and honestly do not remember exactly but think we did it on our own back then (spent most of the day at a nice resort for really cheap).

I won’t get into how they treat the animals because I don’t have first hand knowledge (I was only in a pool with them for 20 minutes) and it’s really has nothing to do with you question.

Pros: Very awesome creatures and very intelligent and elegant. Is was a great experience to be up and close with them and see their strength as well as touch them.

Cons: They are wild animals and though trained to do stunts, they are extremely fast and strong and could resort to their natural habits in a blink of an eye (though I didn’t experience that). There would be no way I would recommend someone with physical limitations to go in a pool with these dolphins as they could get hit by them accidentally.

Cheers