Club HAL/Kids Club.... How is it?

Cheadle_Chick

• 10 months later...

Any updates from anyone who has sailed this year on the Oosterdam?  Is there a drop off/supervised program for ages 7-11?

We want to book a long cruise but my kids need and really enjoy a little structure/recharge in club HAL.  A little time in High Score is what they're looking for, that would be a nice bonus in addition, but not instead of.

1 hour ago, liberty176 said:

Any updates from anyone who has sailed this year on the Oosterdam?  Is there a drop off/supervised program for ages 7-11?

We want to book a long cruise but my kids need and really enjoy a little structure/recharge in club HAL.  A little time in High Score is what they're looking for, that would be a nice bonus in addition, but not instead of.

What week ????

We were on the Westerdam June 2, 2024 sailing and there were activities for kids 11 yrs and younger.  I had a 12 yr old and there was no teen programing at all.  We were told he could attend the arts & crafts and sporting programs but that was it.  Poor kid ended up spending a lot more time with me.  Board and card games helped. 

My 5 and 7 year old grandchildren loved Club Hal on our February Rotterdam cruise.  The staff members were wonderful and provided many activities.  The kids came home with a portfolio of projects they completed at Club Hal and a pen pal.  It was definitely more than “daycare at sea”.

We took family on 10 day Panama Canal Cruise on Eurodam. My 9 year old granddaughter loved Club Hal. She enjoyed crafts, activities and some time away from us😉.

Yeah my kids adore the kids club on the Nieuw Statendam.  I found this older thread from last year about the Oosterdam, and it sounds like they were trialing a different program that wouldn't be as good for us.  Definitely agree about the quality of the programming!