Suggestion for first-time cruisers?

SarahQ

My husband and I are going on our next cruise with friends who have never cruised before (how very sad for them, thank goodness they have us to show them the way...hehe).

I wanted to put together a little booklet of cruise tips and info along with all of our itinerary/port info, and make little "bon voyage" baskets for them with the usual suspects (highlighter, duct tape, lanyard etc.).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for info/tips I should include (anyone remember what they wish someone had told them before their first cruise?) or fun/useful things I can include in the baskets?

How fun for both of you!

A couple of years ago we cruised with a group of 15 family and friends. At that time, I did a quarterly newsletter with different topics each time, from packing to shore excursion planning. The trick is to give enough advise so they make good choices, but not so descriptive as to ruin the delight and surprise they will feel on their first cruise.

The one thing I've learned and wished I knew before my first couple of cruises? Pack light and don't anticipate every little thing, that goes for your suitcase as well as your attitude!

Don't overplan your shore days, don't force yourself to do everything listed on the daily program. Finally, do plan to get out of the port city, or at least away from the tourist area. Learn something new about the places you visit, don't just go shopping.

Hello,

A windbreaker jacket with a hood is a good idea because this will protect against the rain and provide some warmth when out on deck.

You should tell us the ports where they are going, so that we can provide some ideas on what to see and do.

Fred

You should tell us the ports where they are going, so that we can provide some ideas on what to see and do.

Thanks all...

Fredr, we are going to Grand Turk, Tortola, St Maarten and Half Moon Cay :)

Archived