Yokohama to Haneda for late flight

Bfb832cc

We are arriving in Yokohama port, but have a 4:30 pm flight out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the day, and a transfer company to Haneda? There are 4 of us. In other ports, we've booked a 1/2 day tour with airport drop off, but I have not found anything here. Another option we were thinking about is book a nearby hotel room, store bags, and take a walk about before arranging a transfer to the airport later in the day. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas, or suggestions for nearby hotels and transfer service.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Bfb832cc said:

We are arriving in Yokohama port, but have a 4:30 pm flight out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the day, and a transfer company to Haneda? There are 4 of us. In other ports, we've booked a 1/2 day tour with airport drop off, but I have not found anything here. Another option we were thinking about is book a nearby hotel room, store bags, and take a walk about before arranging a transfer to the airport later in the day. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas, or suggestions for nearby hotels and transfer service.

Thank you!

Haneda (HND) airport is 14 miles from Yokohama cruise terminal. If your flight depart at 4:30pm, you must be at the airport no later than 2:30pm. If your disembark is late, then only a few hours of free time. Yokohama station has luggage storage coin lockers, taxi and airport bus to Haneda.

1 hour ago, monkey@cruise said:

Haneda (HND) airport is 14 miles from Yokohama cruise terminal. If your flight depart at 4:30pm, you must be at the airport no later than 2:30pm. If your disembark is late, then only a few hours of free time. Yokohama station has luggage storage coin lockers, taxi and airport bus to Haneda.

Yes. I’m just trying to find alternatives rather than sit with our bags waiting to check in for hours at the airport.

4 minutes ago, Bfb832cc said:

Yes. I’m just trying to find alternatives rather than sit with our bags waiting to check in for hours at the airport.

Store your luggage in Yokohama station, buy a pass and explore Yokohama till 1pm, take the airport bus or taxi to Haneda. If your disembark during weekends, traffic aren't busy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkey@cruise said:

Store your luggage in Yokohama station, buy a pass and explore Yokohama till 1pm, take the airport bus or taxi to Haneda. If your disembark during weekends, traffic aren't busy.

Thank you.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:33 PM, monkey@cruise said:

Agree 100% with this approach.  Recommend Yokohama China Town as an area to visit when you want to kill time wilting for time to depart for the airport.  

As Monkey@Cruise stated, store your luggage at Yokohama Station, then spend a few hours in Yokohama, Chinatown, Minato-Mirai area, or even the underground shopping at Yokohama Station before taking the Airport Limousine Bus to Haneda. The underground mall is HUGE, with plenty to see and eat. Highly recommending the Airport Bus, easy and cost effective. If interested, click My Videos in my signature for ideas.

1 hour ago, Poconolady said:

We are considering a flight out of Haneda back to the US. Is it conceivable that we could make a 1155 Flight, if we carry off our bags ourselves. Ship iss heculed to arrive at 7am.

Is doable, there are 4 cruise terminals in Yokohama, all within 30 min taxi trip to Haneda. 
A more economical way is taxi from cruise terminal to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal) in Sky building, located 500 feet East of Yokohama Station.  Airport bus from YCAT to Haneda in 30 min. Taxi fare from cruise terminal to YCAT about ¥2000, Bus Fare is ¥590/pp
YCAT: https://www.ycat.co.jp/
Airport bus: https://hnd-bus.com/airport/h-yokohama/

• Like 1

We are doing this in October.  We have a 4 hour tour booked and then a drop off at Haneda.  I am booked with this company.  You will need to send them a message to get pick up at the port and the price may be a bit more.  https://gowithguide.com/japan/tour/tokyo-4-hour-tokyo-private-customize-tour-with-luxury-van1-8pax-8215

There are a lot of nice things to do around Yokohama for a few hours with luggage storage. I would also like to add Manyo Club which is a large onsen/sento where you can store your luggage and enjoy hot baths, jacuzzis, heated stone lounges, relaxing loungers that lie flat, etc. We are choosing that option for the morning because I often don't get enough sleep on the ship the night before, so this way we can relax and I can snooze a little more if I need to.