Celebrity pre cruise hotel

irishguy

Hello,

I'm wondering has anybody used Celebrity pre cruise hotel with transfers before? If so Are they reliable? on the day of departure what time do you roughly get to ship?

all responses would be grateful

Dave

We have used pre cruise hotels with transfers. Usually, they get you to the ship around 1:00. Once (in South America) we had the transfers, but decided to get a cab instead, as the port was not far from the hotel.

In London, we have to transfer to Dover, and that is quite a way from the hotel in London, so we will use the X transfer.

We booked the hotel thru Celebrity twice, and found booking it ourselves saved us about half the cost. Getting a cab or shuttle from the hotel is easy also and you aren't waiting around for everyone to get it together.

Prices for precruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale next winter are outrageous. Marriott Renaissance wants $499/night. Maybe they'll come down, but we were thinking of booking with Celebrity as a back-up. But I can't seem to find the prices for their Ft. Lauderdale hotels. It's not in the new brochure for the Caribbean, nor can I find it on their website. I can find the hotels they use, but no prices. I know the prices are based pp, but I'm wondering if they might still be less expensive?

We used them in Barcelona. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was a no show. We weren't sure that they would be there the following morning to take us to the ship, but they were, and bang on time. We were on the ship by 11am.

Ordinarily I wouldn't book a hotel through the cruiseline, but there are times it works out to be less expensive. One time we took our four kids with us on a cruise and needed two hotel rooms. Carnival put us in the Marriott Marina for $80 pp for the first and second in each room; we had two rooms, and the other two kids were $40pp. So for $400, we had two hotel rooms, we were picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (which happened to be a beautiful hotel), and the next day transported by bus to Miami (where our cruise was leaving from). At the time, the hotel was charging $189/night/room (plus 12% tax) and it would have cost us at least $20 pp for transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami (we couldn't all fit into a rental van with luggage since there were six of us and we had tons of luggage). And we couldn't rent two cars because I refused to drive one of them and ther kids were all under 25 so it wasn't allowed. Plus we would have needed two cabins from FLL to the hotel. So we definitely came out ahead on that deal.

Right now hotels are priced extremely high for next winter (as they were this past winter). I don't like Priceline; never had any luck with it. I had my bids up to $150 for a Ft. Lauderdale hotel this past Feb. and never got a bite. Anyway, the Marriott Renaissance wants $499/night right now. Even the Embassy Suites is close to $300 night.

I just wondered if anybody knew the price of hotel rooms through Celebrity (in Ft. Lauderdale)?

Archived