Evening whale tour ISP through HAL

Sherbertscamper

We are on the 6:30 PM whale tour out of ISP on Sept. 19. Sunset that night is 7:00. Will it be too dark too enjoy seeing any whales?

I know that the evening can be beautiful, but I am afraid that it will be too dark to see very far in the horizon, especially if it is cloudy.

it would be a lot of money to not see anything.

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Sherbertscamper said:

We are on the 6:30 PM whale tour out of ISP on Sept. 19. Sunset that night is 7:00. Will it be too dark too enjoy seeing any whales?

I know that the evening can be beautiful, but I am afraid that it will be too dark to see very far in the horizon, especially if it is cloudy.

it would be a lot of money to not see anything.

Thanks!

They sell Sunset Whale Watching Cruises in San Diego  - Good reviews.  HERE

Twilight ends in Icy Point at 7:50 pm on the 19th, and you can still see the horizon until 8:30. Whale-watching tours are never a sure thing, but I think it will be light enough to see any whales that they come across.

There is always a risk of not seeing anything on any whale-watching tour.    Based on your concerns I would probably pick a different tour.

Tour gets pretty good reviews HERE - 

8 hours ago, lstrong said:

We did this tour last year and the whales were very close to the ship. Lots of sightings!  Good tour but not as good as Juneau 

Interesting. We did an evening whale watching from Juneau last year early September, plenty of light, and saw only a few tails from a great distance. But one did almost surface almost touching the ship, so those in the bow saw the back!