Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

5 minutes ago, MLB1828 said:

Don’t let them fool you. They’re monsters 😂

Trixter (aka Trixie, in the back w the white nose) thinks every thing is a cat tree, especially humans. Dixie Belle (on the left) is currently missing a huge chunk of her face because reasons? I still haven’t figured out if she did it to herself or if the other goblins helped 🤷🏻‍♀️. And Pixel (aka Pixie, on the right) is the baby and she’s meaner than she looks. She’s like a little dog that believes it’s a big dog, she even fetches! Lol. 

but clearly you’re surrounded by cats at home, so, you get it. Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em. I mean, you drunk texted for literal cat pics 😂😉

😆 totally get it. Except the can't live with them part. They own the castle, they just tolerate my presence 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Time for bed.

I am back in the room and going to sleep after another wonderful day on this Transatlantic journey.

We will lose another hour tonight and now be three hours ahead of Eastern time. I admit this is like a video game that keeps getting progressively harder to beat the level. I know in the end it will beat the heck out of jet lag especially when I get those hours back on the return, plus one for daylight savings. Right now, though, it's tough.

Thanks for continuing to follow along. See you all tomorrow for the second of four sea days on the way to the Azores.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Anxiously awaiting your comments & pictures of the Azores - hear it's lovely. 

I admit I don't know much about it but talking yesterday it was described as Hawaii but cheaper. That does sound nice.

I'm gonna probably book something today so that I can see as much as possible since I have just the one stop here.

• Like 5

Came so close on ducks. Was only one behind yesterday after a good haul the day before.

Then nothing while she found two. 

Today was another good haul and I found five ducks!

18-16 in my favor!! 

Nobody's tagging them anymore it seems. 

Off to lunch now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@jam19872016...how is your mom doing?  Is she having a good time and meeting any other folks?

She is doing good. Her mood was souring but seems to be improving again. 

She's not super outgoing but has befriended a number of crew which is always easy to do on an extended trip and talked to a number of fellow passengers we've met along the way. 

Health wise she's doing OK with getting around without too much pain but does not think she will likely be able to do much sightseeing unfortunately. Her short walk in Bermuda wore her out.

• Like 10

On 9/23/2023 at 2:28 PM, jam19872016 said:

20230922_111239.thumb.jpg.b3676d8a81d07a875620d00e7278e65a.jpg

No room # But hope they win! (From Jacksonville I assume😁)

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Scale says I lost 4.4 lbs since Sunday. I would like to believe that but it is probably not accurate with the movement of the ship. I've logged it with the knowledge it will likely jump later.

Steps:

Told you the gravity was worse in the Caribbean!!🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

No room # But hope they win! (From Jacksonville I assume😁)

Told you the gravity was worse in the Caribbean!!🤣

They were not in the competition. They earned an honorable mention because I liked it 😆

I like your theory about gravity maybe that's the real reason Europeans are thinner than Americans 🤔 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6