Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

3 hours ago, fla33023 said:

I was going to ask what his mom was doing with her Sea Day but the day is almost over! 

My mom's routine is even less exciting than mine. Gets up, has breakfast, reads around the ship until I get up. 

Once I'm up its back to the room to work on her goals on her games on her tablet. More reading, the daily sudoku. 

Some meals in-between and whatever shopping events are held throughout the day.

More reading and games to end her evening. 

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My mom's routine is even less exciting than mine. Gets up, has breakfast, reads around the ship until I get up. 

Once I'm up its back to the room to work on her goals on her games on her tablet. More reading, the daily sudoku. 

Rinse and repeat.

Sounds lovely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MLB1828 said:

Ok, can you define “chilly” please? I ask because I am struggling to know if I should prioritize long clothes or short clothes, but chilly is so subjective! I can get the historical temp data for Spain, but not for the middle of the ocean. I spend a lot of time out on the deck, and I’ll bring layers, but will it be shorts during the day and joggers at night, or what?

The packing struggle is real over here because I am hoping to manage this trip carry on only with just a little laundry. So no judgment when y’all see me in the same thing for the 4th time 😂.

And thank you for all the detail you are including in this report, checking in on you and your mama everyday has become part of my routine, lol. 

We've had amazing weather during this transatlantic. The day before we got to the Azores it turned cool but not cold. There were plenty of people outside enjoying the pool deck still. Today the sun did not really come out, it was grey and most people were wearing pants and a jacket.

It reached the 70's today, but on deck with the wind blowing it was pretty cool to me and even though I am from Florida, I rarely ever wear a jacket. Even still, until today very few people were wearing anything more than their summer outfits. I think prioritizing warm weather clothes will be fine since it really wasn't needed until today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

When is your cruise?  We are out of Rome Oct 18, 2023.  Soooooo excited!!

Hi! I'll be joining jam19872016 on the return TA on Freedom from Barcelona at the end of the month. 

It is so exciting as we get closer to cruising!!!

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, LuvCruiSun said:

The botanical gardens look amazing! Enjoy your evening and the bus tour tomorrow!

They were so pretty.

Thank you, I have no idea what to expect tomorrow since this doesn't seem to be the same tour I could have booked independently. I guess it will be a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Sounds lovely. 

Same routine she has at home for the most part, but the view is much better and she isn't cooking and cleaning 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MLB1828 said:

Hi! I'll be joining jam19872016 on the return TA on Freedom from Barcelona at the end of the month. 

It is so exciting as we get closer to cruising!!!

I think we will be taking a little more of a southern route on the return since we are going to the Canary Islands after Spain. It wasn't until the turn north towards the Azores the temps dropped.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I've been hearing both on board and on social media that libraries are being removed from the ships.

That's not what I remember reading anywhere so I went to JH for some clarification and this was his response.

Screenshot_20231001-094013_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.50a0bbddc643b42e40414d7753c077a7.jpg

Screenshot_20231001-094020_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1dea4bd56e4e1a5006d43b7c50c241c9.jpg

Thank you for asking this. I saw this as well and wondered if this was a part of the plan for Freedom's dry dock. 

Having said that, have you heard anything about what else may be happening besides the obvious new tail?

• Like 2

Back in the room and going to bed now. 

We are entering the Straits of Gilbrarlter right now but I don't think it is likely you can see anything and so since I need to be up at a reasonable time to get the most out of my tour I am going to go ahead and call it a night.

Its been a great 8 sea days, up next, Malaga.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, MLB1828 said:

Thank you for asking this. I saw this as well and wondered if this was a part of the plan for Freedom's dry dock. 

Having said that, have you heard anything about what else may be happening besides the obvious new tail?

New carpets. That's all I've heard from crew. I think if anything exciting was happening, we would have heard about it by now. 

Probably the new livery and fresh paint throughout.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Rinse and repeat.

I think your mama's routine sounds fantastic! Sounds like my ideal day, except the shopping parts (I abhor shopping). Maybe we will meet up on the return trip, because I would totally chill with your mama! Like now I am wondering if we play any of the same games. I guess that reflects the fact that I am in between her age and yours, Ha!

Looking forward to hearing about your HOHO experience in Malaga. I know what I want to do there, and I think we can walk it, but still considering the HOHO because while I believe I am 24 in my head, I am not actually 24 (and I am also dragging my mama around to do all the things, and even if I was 24, she wouldn't be!)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Checked for dinner at 528 with a 80-90 minute wait. We are not ready yet, but it is elegant night so we know it will take a while to get in.

The other night when I said it was elegant night, it was not. It was elegant night menu so I got confused. There used to be three on a Journeys cruise, but we only had two. That is fine by me and now that I know I will enjoy having one less day to have to dress up.

Enjoying your review!  We are on the return transatlantic and was wondering what time is early and late dining?  Thank you for doing a review and answering questions.  Wanda

9 minutes ago, wajowander2011 said:

Enjoying your review!  We are on the return transatlantic and was wondering what time is early and late dining?  Thank you for doing a review and answering questions.  Wanda

We are on the return as well and I am pretty sure it is 6:00 and 8:15. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

There is a burger king here if you need a taste of home. I also heard they serve beer.

20230929_063842-XL.jpg

Ol' Stumpy.

20230929_065141-XL.jpg

The skies looking more friendly in this direction.

20230929_065149-XL.jpg

My mom found one item to purchase for a friend back home but that was the extent of her find. She did not go up to street level so this was all she saw. She was not pleased with this port. There is so much more to see and do than this but this was as far as she could venture today before her back started hurting her.

Was it for me???

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, MLB1828 said:

I think your mama's routine sounds fantastic! Sounds like my ideal day, except the shopping parts (I abhor shopping). Maybe we will meet up on the return trip, because I would totally chill with your mama! Like now I am wondering if we play any of the same games. I guess that reflects the fact that I am in between her age and yours, Ha!

Looking forward to hearing about your HOHO experience in Malaga. I know what I want to do there, and I think we can walk it, but still considering the HOHO because while I believe I am 24 in my head, I am not actually 24 (and I am also dragging my mama around to do all the things, and even if I was 24, she wouldn't be!)

Shopping isn't my thing either lol. She does mahjong, solitaire and free cell. 

If your in the library or Habana bar in the morning I am sure you will run into her 😆

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wajowander2011 said:

5:30 and 7:30. Most dining times have been moved up from traditional times on normal cruises. 

• Like 2

Rewinding back to this morning when CC kept spitting out error messages. 

I went to the Lido for breakfast. I was in the mood for an omelet this morning. I checked seafood shack because sometimes that is a secret omelet station, but it was not this time. No problem, nobody was really awake yet anyway so the lines were all short. Bonus - they had a small station there with sausage, ham, potatoes, and french toast that they would serve you along with your omelet.

20231002_014221-XL.jpg

I did go through the main line to see if there was anything i was missing - and got some bacon. Nice, crispy bacon yum.

• Like 7

I'm going to jump ahead of my time in Malaga for now.

Once back on the ship I was very hungry. The buffet wasn't calling me so I made a plate at Guy's. I only wanted one patty, but ended up with two.

20231002_080303-XL.jpg

Assorted desserts.

20231002_081431-XL.jpg

The Lido menu.

20231002_075331-XL.jpg

20231002_080255-XL.jpg

• Like 6