Any Thoughts About Luminae on Constellation?

JDPCruisers

On 9/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, FlyingCruiser2 said:

This was our first time on Connie and first time with Celebrity, and we were in a PH.  Our previous comparable cruises have been HAL (Pinnacle Suites), Virgin (Massive Suite), and other lines suites.

Have to say we've liked Celebrity the best.  The inclusions of the drink package, tips, stocked bar, obc credit, and especially the unlimited Specialty Restaurants made it the best value.  The cabin was considerably nicer than the others mentioned above, fantastic balcony that takes up half the width of the ship.  Service was fantastic from our Butler (although we asked for very little compared to requests I've read about). 

Not much interaction with Michael's club and the Retreat Concierge - except for one thing he did that went WAY beyond.   Before leaving they emailed us about preferences for the bottles that they provided.  One of our requests was for Mezcal, asking for one that was a Joven (least aged).  When we got on the ship there were two bottles of Mezcal (plus our other requested spirit) and both were good brands.  As we visited different bars on the ship - only one of them had Mezcal and it was a different brand then they furnished us.  I had assumed they would have given us a brand from the ship's normal bar stock.  When I asked the Retreat Concierge about this, he told me that he had sent someone off the ship to a liquor store during turnaround to get our bottles - that he wanted us to have a good brand of them.  Needless to say, he was mentioned on survey and tipped well.

Bottom line is that our experience did change our preferred line to Celebrity, but likely just the smaller class of ships like Connie.  

Back to Luminae - another difference you'll have on Connie is that you can order from the MDR or BLU menus.

I didn’t think that the specialty restaurants were all included with Retreat cabins. This is my first time withCelebrity and we have an Aqua Sky Suite. Are all specialty restaurants included?. 

1 hour ago, Francesca 7667 said:

I didn’t think that the specialty restaurants were all included with Retreat cabins. This is my first time withCelebrity and we have an Aqua Sky Suite. Are all specialty restaurants included?. 

No, your dining choices are Luminae (your assigned dining room), Blu (space available), the Main Dining Room, or the Buffet.